307 flasher behaviour. Comm 2000? or less expensive cause?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 307 flasher behaviour. Comm 2000? or less expensive cause?

Son-in-law's 307 wagon has shown a variable flash rate for the left indicator. Seems to go at twice the rate for a few seconds, settles down to normal for ten or so seconds then does it again. It eventually settled down to normal. Right indicator doesn't show this variation and is OK. Must admit I only drive the car twice a week and haven't made a long term study of the problem. Does this sound like an indicator stalk (comm2000) problem or the flasher can (if they actually have one?) or a faulty globe somewhere. All globes appear to be working.

Advertisement

Hello Barry, that sounds like a poor ground to one side of the lighting. The faster side has a weaker ground.

I agree with Addo. Check the connectors and wiring in the indicator assemblies. Especially the rear assembly.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by sheusz2000 View Post
    I agree with Addo. Check the connectors and wiring in the indicator assemblies. Especially the rear assembly.
    Thanks, gents

Will pass message on!

Cheers

We have a somewhat related thing happening. When we tow one trailer both side flashing rates get much faster. (Strangely enough with the other trailer, they stay the same.) I assume it is responding to changed resistive load in the circuit and altering the flash rate to warn that something is abnormal. Has someone perhaps fitted a wrong wattage globe to the left circuit?

This car has the genuine Peugeot 7 pin round trailer socket. Inside the socket is a lever operated by inserting the plug which contacts a microswitch also inside the socket. Is this supposed to disable the flash rate warning with more resistive load on the circuit? (Maybe one trailer plug has a longer flange that the other) Or is it to disable reverse parking sensors? The book says that the reverse parking sensors are permanently disabled when a tow bar is fitted which is a bit drastic and a shame.
    Last edited by Hugh Venables; 14th October 2015 at 01:11 PM.

Hi,

based on my personal experience I think the fault may lie in the front indicator lamp holders. Carefully remove them, take out the globes, clean all the contacts, and re-fit.

What's most likely happening is a poor contact is providing enough resistance to sufficiently limit the current. The BSI reads the low current as an open-circuit indicator globe, and the BSI flashes at a higher speed to indicate to the driver that a globe has blown. When the contact cools slightly the resistance drops, current increases, the BSI detects a normal condition, and normal flash resumes.

I regularly have to turn my globe holders slightly every few weeks - the left in particular. When I find the current sense circuit I will modify it so I can run LED globes, and this problem will be a thing of the past!

Regards,

Ewan

Thread Information