Peugeot Service Record Book
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot Service Record Book

Hi

I've posted about this before, and I am still hunting for a Peugeot 406 service book. I bought the 406 Coupe when it was 2 years old (ex-lease) and have had it ever since. Both the first owner and myself kept up a detailed service history with all pages stamped etc. Unfortunately the book is now full.

Advertisement

Contact with Peugeot Australia via their website directed me to my local dealer who found a part number but - as with any Peugeot over ten years old - the part is no longer available/deleted.

eBay and Gumtree have nothing. There is nothing downloadable online (although I would prefer an original).

I am willing to pay if anyone has one or can locate - please PM me.

Thank you.
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Greencoupe View Post
    Hi

I've posted about this before, and I am still hunting for a Peugeot 406 service book. I bought the 406 Coupe when it was 2 years old (ex-lease) and have had it ever since. Both the first owner and myself kept up a detailed service history with all pages stamped etc. Unfortunately the book is now full.

Contact with Peugeot Australia via their website directed me to my local dealer who found a part number but - as with any Peugeot over ten years old - the part is no longer available/deleted.

eBay and Gumtree have nothing. There is nothing downloadable online (although I would prefer an original).

I am willing to pay if anyone has one or can locate - please PM me.

Thank you.
    B
    I would consider scanning the appropriate original pages and then doing some creative "rubbing out" and re-editing of the recommended distances.

And then print up on some glossy photo paper.

For a dealer and indeed a manufacturer a 10 year old car, still on the road is not something they wish to support and service books are not a highly requested item.

So I don't think you have much chance of find an original , blank service book.

Unless the odo has a done a full lap, the odo readings on a new book will be incorrect.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

We had this problem with a second-hand Scenic. Renault Australia were able to provide one genuine, blank service book once they had verified the VIN number and recorded us as the new owners. I organised it with advice from the local dealer. I couldn't find any other source.

Good luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thanks for the responses.
    I had considered scanning and editing and printing and that may be the only way to go.

robmac - unfortunately you're right. While we have no trouble getting brand new parts for our 1971 350SL (Mercedes guarantee to provide new parts for all models for around 50 years) I haven't even been able to get things like mudflaps, floor mats and other generic items for the Coupe. It's a little hit-and-miss. Sometimes there'll still be things in stock ex-Sydney, but otherwise - most things have been deleted.

I had to buy 2 new 406 D9 manual gearbox cables and one of them had to be specially ordered from France. Total cost? $410.00 and ther was very little dealer markup.

Gone are the days when most parts for decades old Peugeot parts were freely and cheaply available.

Ben, if it's not just an Aussie booklet, try JC Euro Parts in the Czech Republic. Maybe send them a picture to help identify.

Oh, and Dean (Dean Hunter) at Peugeotparts UK.

Will do - thanks Addo.

How's the 605?

Big blue and thirsty! Fairly clean and shiny ATM.

You forgot supple seats and kick-ass styling.

Mercedes guarantee to provide new parts for all models for around 50 years
    I believe certain parts are still available for the Roundy Pontoons.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencoupe View Post
    You forgot supple seats and kick-ass styling.
    And now basically straight piped. The rear mufflers expelled their stuffing and I replaced the middle one.

Thread Information