205 CTis????
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 CTis????

Icon5 205 CTis????

Hey guys,

Ive been looking round for a new 205 and im really considering buying a CTi. Is there anything that i should know about them before buying one. I know that it wont handle as well as a normal 205 cause of a bit of flex in the chassie cause there is no roof. But are the excatly the same as a GTi. Power output gearbox drive shafts ect. Im looking at a 88 model at the moment. Has done 53 000kms and is from japan . The bloke is asking about $11 000 for it. I will proberbly put my MI16 motor in it when i get though.

Advertisement

Any thoughts.
    Cheers in advance

Cam wrote
    Has done 53 000kms and is from japan
    Why is it that Japanese imports all seeem to have done around 50,000kms no matter how old they are??? Or am I just an old cynic

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith
    Cam wrote

Why is it that Japanese imports all seeem to have done around 50,000kms no matter how old they are??? Or am I just an old cynic

Paul
    I think that's the limit of km's on jap cars. After that they're sold or scrapped.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Hey Cam,

The CTi doesn't have the gti suspension so get that from a wreck. Upgrade the brakes. Um other than that watch for flex in the chassis. But other than that have fun! Also i wouldn't trust 50k unless it has a detailed history.

Cheers Nick

OK

About the 50000 ks thing. I lived in Japan for 6 months and yea its like this. If the car is over about 3 or 4 yrs (may have changed now) it has the get a strict emissions test. If it dosent pass they can either have the motor reconditioned and modified to comply or get like a payout and the car gets exported. Something like that. Or i think the rego each year is heaps. Cause my host family had a Honda S2000 (that i drove when i was 16) and it had done 49 000 and my host dad was asked if he wanted to upgrade or have the motor rebuild to comply.
    Anyway i will ge it all checked out with the 53 000k deal and go from there.

With the suspension how do you mean its not the same. Struts, shocks, springs ect. Is the rear beam the same. And what do you mean by watch out for the body flex.

Cheers Cam

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    Hey guys,Ive been looking round for a new 205 and im really considering buying a CTi.
    PM, WRX2PUG he also has one for sale.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    About the 50000 ks thing. I lived in Japan for 6 months and yea its like this. If the car is over about 3 or 4 yrs (may have changed now) it has the get a strict emissions test. If it dosent pass they can either have the motor reconditioned and modified to comply or get like a payout and the car gets exported.
    That is correct.

Effectively Australia is the 'trash can' for ex-Jap performance cars. Or so I like to analogise. (Is that even a word? To late, it is now) Hence why we have so many (many not even insured) ugly rice-burners on the road and sold very cheaply too - Silvias , 180 SX and RWD Skylines
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 24th March 2004 at 07:01 PM.

Thread Information