2009 207 petrol antipollution system fault and shuddering
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2009 207 petrol antipollution system fault and shuddering

Hi Frogs

Advertisement

Having issues with my girlfriends 2009 model 207 petrol. The HUD gives an antipollution system fault and engine light comes on. Doesn't happen every trip but more often than not.

As well as this, sporadically at starting the engine, when the car is put into drive the engine shudders and any pressure on accelerator results in nothing happening. Put the car into reverse and it reverses normally.

Had it to my local mechanic who ran a scan and said he picked up a fault with the coolant temperature sensor and found there was a coolant leak from the sensor. Replaced it and he said he's 95% confident that'd fix both issues.

After a few days the antipollution system fault occurred again but no engine shuddering. Back to the mechanic who scanned the car again and it picked up the same fault. He thought the new part was faulty and got a replacement.

Car ran fine for another day then it gave the antipollution system fault and did the shuddering once more. Mechanic said he doesn't know what it is and to take it to a peugeot mechanic.

Have tried getting it into colliers at Granville (I live in leichhardt so it's the closer of the mechanics I could find recommended on here) but they tell me the guy who they'd get to look at the car is away for two weeks and to call back then.

Can anyone recommend me another mechanic in the inner west Sydney area, or suggest what might be causing the fault and shuddering? Or would they not even be related?

What's the engine type? I have a 207GTi and those symptoms sound like the problem I had with the timing chain/tensioner. I'm sure if you search the forum threads you'll find a few discussions about it. In saying that my experience is limited so may be completely unrelated.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 207GTi View Post
    What's the engine type? I have a 207GTi and those symptoms sound like the problem I had with the timing chain/tensioner. I'm sure if you search the forum threads you'll find a few discussions about it. In saying that my experience is limited so may be completely unrelated.
    Engine type is just the standard petrol 1.6L XE engine.

The timing belt was replaced a couple of years ago by previous owner and the car in total only has 40000km on it. Would this suggest the belt still?

Sorry, my knowledge doesn't really extend past the THP in the GTi. Hopefully some of the more experienced froggers can advise

Thread Information