• Help
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By dukbilt1
  • 1 Post By dukbilt1
  • 3 Post By dukbilt1
  • 1 Post By skite

Thread: Peugeot Planet & Diagbox

Default Peugeot Planet & Diagbox

Well, I finally got PP2000 running on my Mac (under a virtual machine through Virtualbox). I bought the item off eBay for less than $83, so I'm happy. I was concerned that it wouldn't work on my 307, but it was fine in the end...

If anyone's interested, check out the seller called "cnetsyseller" on eBay.

I'm currently using V7.02 of Diagbox - is there any need to upgrade for my model of vehicle?

In the long run, the supplied DVDs were badly scratched, and so I ended up downloading the software from the web. There was a lot of stuffing around to get the software working due to a continual fault with "WIN87EM.DLL" but I managed to resolve that. If anyone's interested in running the software under a virtual machine, and you don't want the learning experience I had, I'm happy to send a copy of the virtual machine.

Advertisement
    lion5 and jb007 like this.

1000+ Posts

Well done - I'm impressed!

I tried to do the same a couple of years ago, but with the virtual machine hosted by Windows 7. I got PP2000 installed, but that is all. I actually think the problem was my VM was not doing a very good emulation of the USB ports, virtual serial ports etc.

Cheers

Alec

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Same seller I bought mine from. Apart from some hassles with software installs due to lack of documentation, it seems fine.

Fellow Frogger!

Well done dukbilt1,
    My struggle is with the use of the Diagbox. It seemed to install ok, but I have started to think there may be something wrong with it. As an example, I cannot find the rain sensing wiper enable. I have looked and looked and looked, until I gave up. I can now only use intermittent. Would you be kind enough to see if you can find the menu path and let me know? Mine is a 307 also.

It should be within the BSI manual configuration, maybe also there is a rain sensor module you must first turn on?

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Well done - I'm impressed!

I tried to do the same a couple of years ago, but with the virtual machine hosted by Windows 7. I got PP2000 installed, but that is all. I actually think the problem was my VM was not doing a very good emulation of the USB ports, virtual serial ports etc.

Cheers

Alec
    VM was not doing a very good emulation of the USB ports, virtual serial ports etc.
    I can tell you from experience it's a configuration issue rather than a vm ware issue. I have an xp install running as guest under Win7/64 host and the port emulation of usb, com and parallel ports is perfect. I even have a DOS app running a usb serial port replicator. It's a bit tricky to set up 'tho.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

I ultimately got PP2000 running on a very small Lenovo netbook PC running XP. I tried to run it both under VMWare and VirtualBox, but kept on getting the win87em.dll error, tried a couple of fixes, didn't get rid of it.

Could you share your fix? Or could I download the VM?

Jim

2017 Renault Clio Expression 1.2l
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual
    http://www.jims-blog.com

Quote Originally Posted by jb007 View Post
    I ultimately got PP2000 running on a very small Lenovo netbook PC running XP. I tried to run it both under VMWare and VirtualBox, but kept on getting the win87em.dll error, tried a couple of fixes, didn't get rid of it.

Could you share your fix? Or could I download the VM?

Jim

Virtual box seems to plagued with GPOs (general protection errors) when running 16 bit apps. Googling would suggest there is no ready fix for the issue.

Vm ware player is a free download for non commercial use. So you can just download for free.

If you have a working install of XP (as I did) you can download VM ware converter, which can be run on the XP install and it will create a VM ware player file. You can then import the file to VM player and you don't need to install the guest from scratch.

Alternatively, you need a CD or iso of the CD an you can install directly to VM ware player.

I found VM ware unfathomable at the beginning, but have come to appreciate the convenience and stability of the product.

It's well supported through th Vmare forum and VM ware doco.

IF you run two screens and download and install VM ware tools. After that you can run the mouse pointer between screens, ie between host and guest seamlessly. This saves using Ctl Lshift to change mouse pointer between Host and guest which is real pita.

Guests works best when the guest OS is on a different hdd or SDD to the Host OS. You need plenty of RAM on the host (I have 16 gb) and a processor that supports visualization for best results, most modern Intels do. If using on a network it's best to use a dedicated Ethernet adapter for the guest OS.

I run XP32, WIN ME, dos 6.22 and Linux Mint as guests and have never had any stability or emulation issues once correctly set up. My XP runs and loads faster than it did on old 2 core Duo machine.

All I can say is it's a marvelous product.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

Thanks for that. I have been using vmware both privately and professionally for a long time both under MS Windows & OS X.

My problem is installing under VMWare XP with either DiagBox or PP2000 I get the win87em.dll errors. Do you have a fix? or shall I convert my existing netbook install over?

Jim

Thanks for that. I have been using vmware both privately and professionally for a long time both under MS Windows & OS X.

My problem is installing under VMWare XP with either DiagBox or PP2000 I get the win87em.dll errors. Do you have a fix? or shall I convert my existing netbook install over?

Jim
    I've never had the problem. All my vm ware installs and conversions have been seamless and trouble free.

It sounds like it could be issue with particular version of diag box software you have. Id try the software on a native XP install and see if the problem is still evident. I suspect it will be. GPFs are usually software , kernel access timing related.

It seems the latest version of diagbox is around 7.27. Maybe a trip to the "torrents" could be worthwhile.
    Last edited by robmac; 27th September 2015 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dukbilt1 View Post
    Well, I finally got PP2000 running on my Mac (under a virtual machine through Virtualbox). I bought the item off eBay for less than $83, so I'm happy. I was concerned that it wouldn't work on my 307, but it was fine in the end...

If anyone's interested, check out the seller called "cnetsyseller" on eBay.

I'm currently using V7.02 of Diagbox - is there any need to upgrade for my model of vehicle?

In the long run, the supplied DVDs were badly scratched, and so I ended up downloading the software from the web. There was a lot of stuffing around to get the software working due to a continual fault with "WIN87EM.DLL" but I managed to resolve that. If anyone's interested in running the software under a virtual machine, and you don't want the learning experience I had, I'm happy to send a copy of the virtual machine.
    I wonder if you can help me. I've tried an early version of DiagBox v5.02 under VMWare on an Dell XPS12 i7 ultrabook.
    I get this dialog when I try to talk using the interface:
    Peugeot Planet & Diagbox-capture-win87em.png

Help? It's driving me crazy!

I wonder if you can help me. I've tried an early version of DiagBox v5.02 under VMWare on an Dell XPS12 i7 ultrabook.
    I get this dialog when I try to talk using the interface:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture WIN87em.PNG 
Views:	611 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	74932

Help? It's driving me crazy!
    WTF is wincad? Last time I saw this exe file it was software of this name and was free ware 2d/3d drawing program!

On the bright side you seem to be avoiding the BSOD that normally follows GPFs.

You need to find out the function wincad.exe performs.

This may help: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...01-02c9-21860/

Particularly post #6

And some more, not diagbox specific, but may help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...intermittently

Personally, I'd try installing WIN7/32 as a guest OS and use that.

It's criminal that a program written in 16 bit code is still in use/supported by an operation the size of PSA.
    Last edited by robmac; 28th September 2015 at 09:29 PM.

OK - the amazing thing about the WIN87EM.DLL error is that it's a fault due to hardware - the host CPU to be exact. The error occurs when the 16-bit application (PP2000/Diagbox) calls a 16-bit instruction in the maths co-processor (remember those?!?). In earlier CPUs the instruction still exists however in more modern CPUs the 16-bit instructions have been removed.

The solution is to hide the maths co-processor by adding in a small file an amending a system configuration file.

I'll post the information today - I haven't tried uploading files to this forum before, so I may need to muck around a bit. Wait out!
    Armidillo likes this.

OK - the amazing thing about the WIN87EM.DLL error is that it's a fault due to hardware - the host CPU to be exact. The error occurs when the 16-bit application (PP2000/Diagbox) calls a 16-bit instruction in the maths co-processor (remember those?!?). In earlier CPUs the instruction still exists however in more modern CPUs the 16-bit instructions have been removed.

The solution is to hide the maths co-processor by adding in a small file an amending a system configuration file.

I'll post the information today - I haven't tried uploading files to this forum before, so I may need to muck around a bit. Wait out!

The fix is already documented in the first link.
    Basically add
    Code:
    monitor_control.enable_rigorous_fpu_save_restore = TRUE

to the bottom of your .vmx configuration file.
    The problem is sh!t code writing by software "engineers". 16 bit code is well an truly past it's use by date.

So, as predicted earlier, it is NOT a vmware issue.

SOLUTION:

1. Copy “HIDE87.com” to the c:\windows\system32 directory.
    2. Open the “autoexec.nt” file (c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt) with a text editor.
    3. Add “lh c:\windows\system32\HIDE87.com” to the “autoexec.nt” file.
    4. Save the file, and exit.
    5. Reboot the Virtual Machine.
    7. Done!

NOTE - I can't work out how to post the "HIDE87.COM" file - I can either message/e-mail it to you, or you can download "WINFLOAT.EXE". Download it into your VM, double-click on it to execute, and it will extract its files into the C: folder. The "HIDE87.com" file is only 1kb in size.

Hope this helps,

Ewan
    Last edited by dukbilt1; 29th September 2015 at 09:33 AM.
    jb007, addo and skite like this.

SOLUTION:

2. Open the “autoexec.nt” file (c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt) with a text editor.
    7. Done!

NOTE - I can't work out how to post the "HIDE87.COM" file - I can either message/e-mail it to you, or you can download "WINFLOAT.EXE". Download it into your VM, double-click on it to execute, and it will extract its files into the C: folder. The "HIDE87.com" file is only 1kb in size.

Hope this helps,

Ewan

Agreed, that is a better fix because it fixes the OS flaw.

Try renaming the extension of the *.com file to a forum recognized extension.

SOLUTION:

7. Done!

Hope this helps,

Ewan
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Agreed, that is a better fix because it fixes the OS flaw.

Try renaming the extension of the *.com file to a forum recognized extension.
    Thanks guys... got it going by this method.

Now for another Q: I'm using v5.02 because I believe this version allows you to update ECU and AL4. I want to update the tranny and ECU, to allow for the later Black Borg-Warner solenoids. It asks for a authorisation code when I precede to update. The app is obviously cracked. Hope this doesn't break forum rules.

Thanks for taken the time to post the fix!

Jim

Tadpole

Thanks dukbilt1, your solution worked for me too after copying my virtual machine to my new laptop
    addo likes this.

Thread Information