508 GT - Reverse Camera Retrofit
  • Register
  • Help

Default 508 GT - Reverse Camera Retrofit

Hi all

I've been away from aussiefrogs for the last 8 years since I sold my Xantia and drove a mexican built VW Jetta turbo. Now returning as the new ower of a Blue Mist 2013 508 GT. My last Pug was a 505 GTI which I loved - So when my Jetta had lost its shine, I went with the modern day equivalent.

Advertisement

So far very happy. It has more bells and whistles than any car I've driven before and has plenty of get up and go. The only feature lacking in the Series 1 508s seems to be a reverse camera. The extra length of the 508 makes reverse parking more a science than was the case with the Jetta, though I'm sure I'll adjust. There's a company in Melbourne, (Motivauto) that is able to retro fit one into the RT6 Head unit REAR VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM ? PEUGEOT 508 | Motivauto Pty Ltd . Has anyone had experience with these? I'm in Brisbane so I don't think there are presently any options for getting these installed anyway.

The only other thing I thought of changing was the standard 19" rims. I prefer the look of the simpler 18" starfish rims that also came with a GT, but I expect I'll adjust to that as well.

Bye for now

adbell

Is there no factory kit? Service Box is offline for 24 hours (until Monday, GMT) so I can't look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Is there no factory kit? Service Box is offline for 24 hours (until Monday, GMT) so I can't look it up.
    Thanks addo - that'd be great if you're able to look it up.

I had thought reverse cameras weren't offered with the 2011 - 2014 GTs. The 2015 508 update changes the RT6 to a touchscreen with reverse cameras across all models in the range.

Cheers
    adbell

Quote Originally Posted by adbell View Post
    Thanks addo - that'd be great if you're able to look it up.

I had thought reverse cameras weren't offered with the 2011 - 2014 GTs. The 2015 508 update changes the RT6 to a touchscreen with reverse cameras across all models in the range.

Cheers
    adbell
    There's definitely no factory kit. The one you linked above will certainly work albeit expensive. The one I used is this one -

Car Video Interface for Peugeot 508 and Citroen C5 with RT6 System

It works a treat - though they sent me the wrong one to start with and the instructions weren't the best - I managed to do it. The camera I used was one I got from ebay - just sits in one of the licence plate lights.

I've only got the reverse camera set up at the moment, I had a bit of a tinker with the other inputs but didn't really need or want them.

Hope this helps

Ky

Yes, the French called it the "mid life" version, as in not a complete restyle. But seemingly quite different harnesses all the way through the cabin. If you had a complete donor wreck, I'm sure a transplant/harvest would be possible.

Thanks kaiser. A reverse camera would be a nice to have, but I think I'll adjust to not having one. The sensors are pretty good to avoid dings. There's a lot of electronics in the car already and I'd hate to upset it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    There's definitely no factory kit. The one you linked above will certainly work albeit expensive. The one I used is this one -

Car Video Interface for Peugeot 508 and Citroen C5 with RT6 System

It works a treat - though they sent me the wrong one to start with and the instructions weren't the best - I managed to do it. The camera I used was one I got from ebay - just sits in one of the licence plate lights.

I've only got the reverse camera set up at the moment, I had a bit of a tinker with the other inputs but didn't really need or want them.

Hope this helps

Ky

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Yes, the French called it the "mid life" version, as in not a complete restyle. But seemingly quite different harnesses all the way through the cabin. If you had a complete donor wreck, I'm sure a transplant/harvest would be possible.
    Yes addo - doesn't seem to a be lot of changes for the GT with the midlife refresh apart from the touch screen navigator, reverse camera and new front-end and rear light details. I hadn't noticed the changes to the harnesses. The new GT has a less powerful 2.0 litre engine so I'm quite glad to have the 2013 release. An 18mth old car with 26000 ks was also around half the original sticker price so it was a very good buy IMHO.

Thread Information