Paul Vassallo (AP Automotive) is GOD!
  • Register
  • Help

Paul Vassallo (AP Automotive) is GOD!

Hi Everyone,

With all the bitching and moaning about the service we all get from the Dealers and Phasis's problems in Brisbane, it was trully refreshing to get thorough and attentive service from Paul Vassallo in Ryde.

My GTI-6 has never run better. Paul picked up many faults that A&J had not bothered to even look for.

He found that one my anchor points on the exhaust had not been secured. So all my previous comments about the standard exhaust not being as smooth as the after market that was on the car originally goes down the gurgler! The car is back to revving to red line with no complaints at all!

For anyone looking for a new service garage, I highly recommend him! <a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/fcr.html#new%20south%20wales" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/fcr.html#new%20south%20wales</a>

I'm a bit excited today, my car just feels the best! I've fallen in love again

Lincoln

Advertisement
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

1000+ Posts
    Oooo cool Lincoln thanks for that

I might take my 306 there for my next major.. which is about 10 000km away now. Ryde's nice and close to me.

What are his prices like?

Derek.

He uses two type of synthetic oil, Neo ($170 or something crazy) and Amsoil. He used the Amsoil on my car, which made the service a bit expensive, with the 6L of Amsoil costing $100. Good thing is that you don't need to do a mid cycle oil change, just a filer change. Supposedly Amsoil was one of the first and still one of the best synthetics on the market. Better than any brand name, the Neo is another notch up, but a bit too dear for my liking.

All up it was $360, which included a fuel injector clean, and he gave me the remaining 8 oz so I could do another 4 tanks worth in it. Oh, and also included some genuine Valeo wiper blade for front and rear.

All up it was very reasonable, especially when he found so many problems in my car which should've been picked up by A&J. E.g, A&J broke my air intake pipe..the one the goes into the air filter box...it wasn't even connected correctly!

Good thing is, he appears to only do one car at a time. And takes the time to explain what he has done, in great detail! Some of it was a bit complex, but he did his damnest to explain it to me!

- Lincoln
    - Lincoln

Cal
    If we are going to give Mechanics a good wrap.....I must give A.Cullen & Sons in Nambour, QLD a plug. I have been dealing with Gerald Cullen for the duration of Peugeot ownership and find his depth of knowledge to be endless. He has run an MI16 at Targa for the last few years. When I wanted my suspension done on my MI16 a few weeks ago, I drove the car from Brisbane up there to have his team do the job. They had already tried different spring and shock combinations on their car in competition and when it came to doing another, they knew what works and what doesn't. I would recommend these guys to anybody.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Fellow Frogger!
    Just had a chat to him re a few problems I have - seems like a very friendly fellow!

I told him I'll be taking my car there for it's next service.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Adrian,

He is very nice, isn't he?

What's wrong with your car? I couldn't believe how many things Paul found to fix on my car...I just thought they were "character traits".

Can't wait to go for a spin again...why do I have to work today????

Lincoln
    - Lincoln

Now... what have I been telling you blokes about for the last 2 years regarding Paul wink

He is the best dance

I rang him while trying to find the engine number on the 405 from up here for QLD rego & was *trying* to convince him to move up here so he could still service our car head_ban

I'm not just saying this, he is totally honest, really knows his stuff & a damn fine person cheers!

Yes, indeed he is gib gib. Thanks for recommending him! It's the first time my car has had a service since participating on aussiefrogs...honest, sir! tongue

Oh, and by the way, I feel in love with my car again this morning. It's just such a nice car
    - Lincoln

I dont want to repeat my experience with Paul when I had my car repaired/serviced, as it is detailed here:

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000647" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000647</a>

To summarise, I was happy to get the car serviced with him. Highly recommended. And very convenient if you work in the city, one bus trip takes you straight to most business areas of the city in 30 minutes.

(And I am still waiting to borrow my mates camera to get piccies up on the site!)
    '93 405 Mi16 Series2 Sold!

I can totally say that Colliers automotive are the best Ive been to. David is great...

Tadpole
    Hi,
    Do you have current contact details for AP Automotive. The ones on the site don't seem to lead there. I would like to get my new acquired '89 405 Mi16 checked out.

Regards,
    Paul P.

Tadpole
    My mistake ! The numbers are fine. I needed to ask for Paul Vassollo by name as his workshop is fronted by a car sales company. Then I tried his mobile and dialed the wrong number and that number was disconnected. I have spoken to him and will book in soon. dance

Regards and apologies,
    Paul P.

Yes, he's the workshop of the Gladesville Prestige Cars dealer. The Dealer seems like a nice guy too, used to run a Peugeot dealer, but the sounds of it. He knew my GTI-6 quite well and said he sold the first few that landed here.

I know where I'll be going for my next 2nd hand Frog!
    - Lincoln

Thread Information