MY04 206s Launched
  • Register
  • Help

Default MY04 206s Launched

Model Year 2004 206s have now been launched downunder.

4 million 206s have now been built and Australia's just received the new models.

A quick summary
    • ABS standard all round - big thumbs up from me
    • Auto now has tiptronic mode
    • Minimum front dual airbags standard on all models
    • GTi has curtain airbags
    • 2.0 models receive ESP
    • Minor seat and trim changes, improvements to noise suppression.
    • No price increase (bar $1000 increase on the 206 CC 2.0)
    Pity we don't get the 1.4 16V unit, instead we have the pretty average (compared to everything else in its class bar the Polo) 1.4 8V - ahwell, at least it's good on fuel

2003 plated 206s have bonuses on them - starting from $1000 on the base XR.

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_101013/newsarticle.html

Advertisement

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    [*]ABS standard all round - big thumbs up from me
    Yes, and about time too. I was considering getting 206 XT a coupe of years ago, but the fact that I could even get ABS as an option put me off.

Troy.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    4 million 206s have now been built and Australia's just received the new models.
    Guesses on how many will finally be made at the end of it's production run *

5 Million ?

For a car that has only ever undergone very minor cosmetic upgrades, it's done remarkedly well.

* I'm not counting on the handful the Iran govt will continue to make each year.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Just for what it's worth, the dealer margin on the base XR 1.4 was $886 a year ago, obviously before the $1000 bonus.

Tadpole

[QUOTE=Pug307]Model Year 2004 206s have now been launched downunder.

I picked my 206 (5-door, manual, 1.6 XT) up on 27 Feb and received the MY04. Had a good surprise that it came with ABS! Even the dealer that sold me the car had no idea that ABS was going to be introduced; and no one had any idea of the new specs until the car turned up at the dealership for pre-delivery work. According to the plates, it was built in Dec 2003.

For those of you buying a new car at the moment - make sure you insist on the MY04 with the new specs. I'm sure dealers will still be selling MY03s as MY04s without mentioning the ABS as the 'brochures' still list ABS as not available.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick2
    Just for what it's worth, the dealer margin on the base XR 1.4 was $886 a year ago, obviously before the $1000 bonus.
    Not much money to be made in selling cars.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Not much money to be made in selling cars.
    deals like that are usually covered by manufacturer rebates (previous year models and sometimes demos).

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick2
    Makes you wonder why some don't treat you well AFTER the sale .. cause they only way to make more money is through repeat customers (either servicing, accessories and other car sales).

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Makes you wonder why some don't treat you well AFTER the sale .. cause they only way to make more money is through repeat customers (either servicing, accessories and other car sales).

- XTC206 -
    It's funny - at my local dealer (Taylors) the sales guys and particularly the service guys have always treated me really well! I've heard that Taylors are very good for cutsomer service - but it seems that the guys there also love what they do. They let me take their 2 week old GTi 180 out for a hour and a bit by myself.

Customer Service is the only way to encourage brand loyalty

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    It's funny - at my local dealer (Taylors) the sales guys and particularly the service guys have always treated me really well! I've heard that Taylors are very good for cutsomer service - but it seems that the guys there also love what they do. They let me take their 2 week old GTi 180 out for a hour and a bit by myself.

Michael
    Any dealer that lets me take a brand new 180 (1.2ks on the clock) for a spin and return it 1 1/2 hrs later with 60 odd ks showing gets my vote for customer service - all without a salesman tagging along.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I think that's quite true, especially if it's something really special. I saw it in action a few weeks ago when we went out to dinner with a few families. Some of us had Volvos from Bilia and it was interesting talking to a few people about how important the dealer in keeping them with the brand. Another family was getting ready to switch.

One doctor who had a Mercedes S-Class and now has a Volvo S60 T5 is thinking about a Porsche Cayenne for the wife. What is the sale contingent on - determining on whether Porsche can match Bilia for service.

When you consider the fact his wife brings the car in when she pleases on weekends to have it cleaned whilst she has morning tea browsing the paper, they loan them cars to go out on long trips, provide tickets to events and the other perks, it's understandable why they like to stay with the same dealer. This is very much the type of example you expect in a relationship marketing textbook.

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Any dealer that lets me take a brand new 180 (1.2ks on the clock) for a spin and return it 1 1/2 hrs later with 60 odd ks showing gets my vote for customer service - all without a salesman tagging along.
    Last time Derek/DeKa was here, we had a S60R for 5 hours, salesman free It was still fairly new and rare (only 500km on the clock) so we didn't have it as long as usual. Normally they offer you cars for an extended weekend.

The attitude is great, come in on a Friday/Saturday, they tell you to bring it back Monday, Tuesday whenever you feel like it. Little wonder 1 in 5 Volvos sold downunder is a Bilia car.

Gee, I wish Bilia sold Peugeots

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thread Information