Misc thoughts (206)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Misc thoughts (206)

1. Has anyone been able to install a switch or rigged one of the window switches to put 'all' of the windows up? I've always driven with all my windows down. With the 206, I find it a chore to put them back up, due to having to reach backwards to get the rear windows?

Advertisement

2. I've go the 1.6L 16V 206XT (5 door). Does anyone have any comments as to whether Premium Unleaded or Regular Unleaded is the way to go? (especially in light of the anticipated increase in petrol prices)

3. I've get the 15" alloys with 195 tires. Can anyone recommend the optimum tire pressure for the front/rear tires?

Cheers
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ean36
    2. I've go the 1.6L 16V 206XT (5 door). Does anyone have any comments as to whether Premium Unleaded or Regular Unleaded is the way to go? (especially in light of the anticipated increase in petrol prices)
    I was under the impression that the 1.6L 16V engines are tuned to use premium unleaded only (at least it was in the Xsara VTR). I would recommend you stick to using Premium unleaded.

Troy.

1. Has anyone been able to install a switch or rigged one of the window switches to put 'all' of the windows up? I've always driven with all my windows down. With the 206, I find it a chore to put them back up, due to having to reach backwards to get the rear windows?

3. I've get the 15" alloys with 195 tires. Can anyone recommend the optimum tire pressure for the front/rear tires?

Cheers
    -Mark
    Mark is your pug multiplex? If so you may be able to change the programming of the window switches via the Diag2000. The other option is to wire up another switch to activate all the windows at once.

I run Shell Optimax in all my cars. Pugs need high octane fuel for best performance. And extra few cpl shouldn't break the bank.

Use the tyre pressure recommend on the tyre sticker inside drivers door. If this is too hard go a bit lower. If to soft go a bit higher. I run anywhere between 33-37psi in my 195/55/15.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Mark is your pug multiplex? If so you may be able to change the programming of the window switches via the Diag2000. The other option is to wire up another switch to activate all the windows at once.

I run Shell Optimax in all my cars. Pugs need high octane fuel for best performance. And extra few cpl shouldn't break the bank.

Use the tyre pressure recommend on the tyre sticker inside drivers door. If this is too hard go a bit lower. If to soft go a bit higher. I run anywhere between 33-37psi in my 195/55/15.
    What is 'multiplex'? It's a MY04 206XT Manual.

Where can I gain access to this Diag2000? Would love to be able to simply use the programming function (if available). In the alternative, would anyone be able to provide a guide to the wiring?

-Mark

XTC

-Mark
    Check out www.206gti.net and the FAQ ..

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Where can I gain access to this Diag2000? Would love to be able to simply use the programming function (if available). In the alternative, would anyone be able to provide a guide to the wiring?

-Mark
    You'll be able to find a Diag2000 at your local friendly Peugeot Dealer! Get friendly with the service staff and they'll more than likely show you what it is, how it works and if it's possible to change the way the windows work.

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

I run Optimax in my car. I was under the impression that non-premium fuel is bad for the 206, I always make sure wotever fuel I put in mine is atleast 98% octane.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    I run Optimax in my car. I was under the impression that non-premium fuel is bad for the 206, I always make sure wotever fuel I put in mine is atleast 98% octane.

Optimax actually works out a little cheaper for me. I get another 50ks to a tank on it so even though is about 9c more a lt, it works out to be around 2c cheaper.

Ky

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    Optimax actually works out a little cheaper for me. I get another 50ks to a tank on it so even though is about 9c more a lt, it works out to be around 2c cheaper. Ky
    And you can go harder. !!!!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    And you can go harder. !!!!

- XTC206 -
    And, therefore, use more fuel! Hehe.

Anyone else notice that with Optimax, the car runs smoother, however with BP Ultimate, the car goes harder?

I find this is the case in my series 2 Mi16 and so does my mate with a Calibra.

Any thoughts?
    1993 Series 2 405 Mi16 [MII-16V]

Zen

Hey guys,

Just got the GTi 180 on Monday so I haven't even filled it up yet to give my opinion on fuels in a 206 but I've found BP Ultimate in the S16 better performance wise and Optimax better economically.

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can disable the hazard lights coming on if you decelerate greater than 20km/h/sec in the 206? Brad and I tested it out when we took it for a drive, just think it might be a little annoying on track days. Had a quick look on 206gti.net but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    Hey guys,

Just got the GTi 180 on Monday so I haven't even filled it up yet to give my opinion on fuels in a 206 but I've found BP Ultimate in the S16 better performance wise and Optimax better economically.

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can disable the hazard lights coming on if you decelerate greater than 20km/h/sec in the 206? Brad and I tested it out when we took it for a drive, just think it might be a little annoying on track days. Had a quick look on 206gti.net but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Rich
    It is extremely annoying, BUT they do turn off once you hit the accelerator again...

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can disable the hazard lights coming on if you decelerate greater than 20km/h/sec in the 206?
    It's 28.8km/h/s to be precise

It's actually in the BSI configuration so if someone wants to turn it off for you, they should be able to do so. The flashing hazard lights under deceleration feature isn't required by Australian law.

Brad and I tested it out when we took it for a drive, just think it might be a little annoying on track days.
    Giving the car some stick eh

In all honesty, it's good for a laugh. The flashing indicators under brakes always get a reaction from the crowd

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Hey guys,

Rich
    Living in SA - I havent been able to put Optimax in my car regularly - however I did when I took it over to Vic - Seemed to give better economy than BP Ultimate but I havent had too much of a chance to test it out properly.

I refuse to use Mobil 8000 as Mobil shut the petrol station just up the road from my house...

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Living in SA - I havent been able to put Optimax in my car regularly - however I did when I took it over to Vic - Seemed to give better economy than BP Ultimate but I havent had too much of a chance to test it out properly.

Michael
    BP Ultimate is definitely packs much more punch.... too bad the Coles 4c off offer only applies to Shell... might have to ignore the offer and use BP soon...

Also, I find the Mobil 8000 and BP Ultimate almost exactly the same (if not 'actually' the same). Shell definitely doesn't live up to it's 98 Octane claim when hitting the pedal on the right!

Only filled up (at Shell) twice since I got the car, might have to give BP a go this weekend.

Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    It's 28.8km/h/s to be precise

It's actually in the BSI configuration so if someone wants to turn it off for you, they should be able to do so. The flashing hazard lights under deceleration feature isn't required by Australian law.

Giving the car some stick eh

In all honesty, it's good for a laugh. The flashing indicators under brakes always get a reaction from the crowd
    The hazard lights thing is a neat feature to have as I used to hit my hazards manually after I stomped on the brakes as traffic comes to a stand still on Ipswich Road before the Oxley Road overpass. It'd be handy if there was a fuse you can take out (don't want to disable my indicators though) or a switch to toggle that feature.

Wasn't really giving it stick, Brad tested the brakes from like 50km/h to a stop. All I know was the seat belts worked as well as the brakes!

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

BP Ultimate is definitely packs much more punch.... too bad the Coles 4c off offer only applies to Shell... might have to ignore the offer and use BP soon...

Also, I find the Mobil 8000 and BP Ultimate almost exactly the same (if not 'actually' the same). Shell definitely doesn't live up to it's 98 Octane claim when hitting the pedal on the right!

Only filled up (at Shell) twice since I got the car, might have to give BP a go this weekend.
    Caltex will be bringing out a 98 later this year, so we can use woolies dockets. Might be interesting to see how that goes.

Ky

Zen

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    Caltex will be bringing out a 98 later this year, so we can use woolies dockets. Might be interesting to see how that goes.

Ky
    The local Woolies service station has premium unleaded and was told that it was Caltex Vortex. Is Vortex not RON98? I tried it out on the S16 and it was ok, nothing special.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

The local Woolies service station has premium unleaded and was told that it was Caltex Vortex. Is Vortex not RON98? I tried it out on the S16 and it was ok, nothing special.
    Vortex is 95-96RON.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Vortex is 95-96RON.
    Ahhh, that explains the mediocre performance and economy... it all makes sense now.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Thread Information