205 mats
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 mats

205 mats

i'd like to get some mats for my 205, but don't want to settle for the "one size fits all" ones. is there someone who makes custom fit mats for makes other than holden, ford and toyota? i know there's a place in melbourne called tru-fit mats, but their quality seems dubious.
    thanks,
    michael

Advertisement
    Current:
    1973 504GL Berline
    1997 406 ST

Past:
    R19RT; 1979 504GL Berline with Factory Air; S3 205GTi; 206GTi; 505STi; R4

You don't want to get some Pug mats? They have to be custom made???

no luca, i DO want to get custom mats. i DON'T want to get the crappy autobarn generic carmats. :p any suggestions?
    cheers
    Current:
    1973 504GL Berline
    1997 406 ST

Past:

Rip all the carpet out and then you won't need mats.

Who cares how grubby the floor gets. Sweep it out. roll_lau

Well thats what I did. The weight saving is a bonus too.

Darren

What about Peugeot mats are they to your liking?

are they still available for the 205????? i wouldn't have thought so.
    Current:
    1973 504GL Berline
    1997 406 ST

Past:

check out autofive in the uk, they sell them there i'm pretty sure, dunno how much they are but have to have a look

Speak to an Auto Trimmer.... i have Custom mats' dyed to my interior colour and also have them embroided.

Mikey, the 205 mats aren't because the 306 mats are exactly the same. The foot wells have the same geometry but they put a different chassis over it. (just in case u didn't know man)

Austofive mats are the only new ones i have seen for sale. They have photos of them on their website - autofive.co.uk.

The other option is somebody who is pulling one apart - i got some for my beast that way. I have green carpet for the sorrento green model if you are interested? (maybe not - i think i may have that sitting around for a while)

Fellow Frogger!
    I suggest you give these people a call and ask them if they can supply for the GTI:

Siba Moulded Car Carpet & Motor Trimming
    103 Hume Hwy Lansvale 2166
    (02) 9725 7602

Recently my son purchased a full set of carpets for his 323i BMW which they moulded while he waited. He chose a black plush pile carpet for a total cost of $220. Apparently they have a wide range of carpets and colours and can block to many different vehicle types.

Fitting the carpet took some time - to cut away the surplus and punch holes for seat and seat belt anchorages etc but the end result is a brand new fitted carpet. Also they mould kick panels into the carpet or side trims just like the originals.

Denis

Why would ya spend $220 on mats that people wipe their dirty feet on when you could get Pug ones for $100 and they've got the cute little lions on them in the corner and are cut to fit you car already. It's the road less travelled.
    Then that $100 still in your pocket you can spend on a K&N pod filter!! Yeaaayyyy....

Fellow Frogger!
    Luca:
    Why would ya spend $220 on mats that people wipe their dirty feet on when you could get Pug ones for $100 and they've got the cute little lions on them in the corner and are cut to fit you car already. It's the road less travelled.
    Then that $100 still in your pocket you can spend on a K&N pod filter!! Yeaaayyyy....
    Well everyone to their own tastes surely!

I only posted the information in case anyone is interested... You apparently are not. FWIW, the $220 bought a brand new high quality moulded carpet set for the whole cabin...including front kick panels. The carpet has a heat sensitive base (as used in all modern cars) which allows it to be moulded to the shape of the original carpet[s] .. They are not 'throw on the floor' mats but are complete replacements. As I said, fitting takes some time as it is necessary to remove everything from the car, fit the carpets are per original..i.e., under seats, gripped at door sills etc.

Denis

I couldn't say no to the cute little lions on my floor... and they make the car faster too!!

Fellow Frogger!
    Yeah autofive have nice mats with the GTi logo on them they cost 30 pounds plus 30 pounds to freight them over, the local pug dealer told me the 306 mats would not fit cos the foot wells are different shapes. I've been thinking of installing punched alloy mats but they are bit ricey.. Probably best to get a quote from a auto upholstarer and then compare it to getting mats from overseas, you could also pop into a pug dealer and see how the 306 mats fit in the footwell.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Thread Information