I met the enemy today
  • Register
  • Help

Icon8 I met the enemy today

Was out at a wrecker in Broadmedows today buying Renault bits, and met one of the scumbag middle eastern blokes pinching all our pugs. He pricked his ears up when I started talking french cars to the other bloke who ran the wrecking yard and wanted to know what pugs I had and where I knew some were for sale.
    I tried not to be rude to him, but did let him know there was no way in hell I would tell him even if I knew I told him to talk to the Peugeot club - they were sure to help him - NOT!!

I still havent forgiven them for lying to my face about the 2 I sold to them on the promise they were not bound for the middle east
    The place is Andys autos - I dont think this guy actually worked for them, but was connected in some way.

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i have no hesitation in telling them exactly where to go

i have been known to be a bit blunt at times

i will not tolerate cars bieng shipped out when there are still many of them here that could make use of them

not only that but they still make the damn things over there

stuff them i say and if someone meets one of these ingrates taking cars away from a country that really didn't get a good wack of them in the first place compared to other countries tell them to go plat it and take the 4WD's instead to get them off our roads
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

why cant people like this go to europe and buy these cars, where theres plenty of them anyway and they'd most likely be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    why cant people like this go to europe and buy these cars, where theres plenty of them anyway and they'd most likely be cheaper
    Ears Pricked, Cammo gear on, on the lookout.........

Not really but i do agree that the cars should stay here.

Must try to find where i can get a copy of an SBS documentary about the Africian Peugeot phenoma. Was a very good show.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

XTC

It's commerce and not much you can do about it .. sure I don't like it, but I don't have the backyard (or money) for 2 dozen Froggies

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Guys,

Come on theres not much wreckers can do about this. No one wants 504 parts anymore so when you have 2 dozen of the bloddy things and the guy offers you heaps of cash you have to take it. You have to think wreckers need to make money not service the needs of a few. Why don't all of you start buying these cars so the arabs cannot get them??? If 205 started heading over there (which they will) i will start to buy them up.

My two cents
    Nick

If noone here bought them, I would still have those 2 504s if those pricks hadnt conned me (one was a good body too, a late one with a sunroof) - happy to keep and store them, even if it meant transporting them my parents property in the country, to keep them away from those buggers.

Its not just that they are pinching all our pugs, its the underhand and sneaky way they do it that really pisses me off

Originally posted by orestes
    Why cant people like this go to Europe and buy these cars, where there's plenty of them anyway, and they'd most likely be cheaper?
    Good question... now for the simple answer...

Because Europe has fewer left than we do... rust and their attitude having taken care of 504s years ago.

Europeans update their cars more frequently, discard them much sooner. It's a totally different standard to here... and also, Australia as a whole has older cars than most other countries in the world... we keep cars on the road much longer.

Haakon... we went through this a while ago... do you really have somewhere to stash a car or two? I can put you onto a fair (not good, but fair...) sunroof shell if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Haakon... we went through this a while ago... do you really have somewhere to stash a car or two? I can put you onto a fair (not good, but fair...) sunroof shell if you want.
    Whereabouts? Would I be lucky in hoping it was esentially rust free (just the basic shell - I've got rust free examples of all the removable panels and doors)

From memory there's a bad dent in the left rear corner (not by any means irrepairable, most of the rest isn't too bad.

I'll have a closer look in a few weeks, I'm acquiring the TI gear out of it for someone else and would like to keep it... but I don't have room...

Thread Information