307 unknown engine component?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 307 unknown engine component?

I was looking under the bonnet of my fathers new 307. I am wondering what electric pump? thing is that sits on the drivers side end of the engine. It sits where the power steering pump used to be and has a rubber pipe about 1.5" diameter that runs across the engine and connects to the head. The pump appears to have a breather or a vent on the top of it. Underneath it sits an idler pully that used to drive the power steering pump. There appears to be no other pipes connected to this unit.

Can anyone enlighten me

Advertisement

Thanks Jarrod

Is it a diesel ? Vacuum pump for brakes etc or ABS pump

Tom

nJm

Do you mean something used to be there and it has now changed, or as in it 'used' to be on other cars but not in the 307?

The Peugeot 307, as well as all other new PSA Group cars has electric power steering, not hydraulic. This is partially why people say it doesn't communicate as much as previous Pugs, but it means it is very easy to park the car
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

When I said used to be there I meant in previous models ie 206 etc. I havent seen under any other 307's to know if they all have this. The car is not a diesel and I can't see any connection to the braking system or the ABS controller. The only connection is the big rubber (low pressure) pipe which appears to go into the head on the opposite end of the engine.

Thank you for responding. I will keep asking questions and if I find out I will post here.

Thanks

Jarrod

Thread Information