How much did you pay for your GTI180??
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default How much did you pay for your GTI180??

How much did you guys pay for your GTI180 and did the dealer throw in any goodies free/discount price??

Advertisement

I can't quite afford one right now, but I am thinking about upgrading to a late model, say '01 '02 or '03 206GTi, I hope the prices have come down a bit now with the release of a 180.

btw, there was a story about some dude (I can't rember where I saw it, may have been a newsgroup) anyway just 1 week after taking delivery of his 206gti180, he wrote it off and the only thing that was able to be salvaged was the engine and many other parts, the chasis itself went to the wreckers.

Anyway, he already owned a 5door 206xr and had it in the classifieds when he wrote his new car off, so he quickly took it off the market and drove it around whilst wondering what to do...

Well he decided to convert the 206XR into a 180HP beast by putting the 180 engine into it, he even got the engine to 188 or 190bhp and now owns the fastest 206 5door in the world probably. I know he spent months of modifications to do it, I think the 206XR's engine bay needed to be resized and he had to buy a brand new ECU from Pug', and various other things. Oh and he kept the same twin tail pipes that the 180 has too, just with a little bit more throatiness. I think the car had the usual bullsh*t like the cold air inducted pod filter, wider exhaust from the cat' back, etc...
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Zen

I'm still negotiating with three dealerships at the moment. Can't say too much right now as I mentioned AF to all of them and they might see where I'm at at the moment. Hopefully will have come close to bedding it down Monday/Tuesday.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Zen

While we're on the subject, I've read a fair bit of posts (on here and other forums) about electrical/ECU faults with the 206's. Have any GTi 180 owners experienced any of these or do you guys think the GTi 180's may have "skipped" this problem? The ECU in my S16 was replaced after three months because it just died suddenly and haven't had a problem otherwise. Bit of useless information there...

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Rich:

Given up on the S16??

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Zen

No, going to keep it for a little while longer and probably sell it in a few months time after I get a few dents taken out. I've got the opportunity at work to lease a vehicle and coupled with my car allowance I've got a hankering for the GTi 180.

The way I look at it, I could spent a few more thousand getting the S16 to go quicker but at the end of the day it's still going to be a 9 year old car. The GTi gives me the performance plus the new technology and the nice feeling of a new car. Besides, I can better justify spending the money on coil over shocks on the new car.

Rich
    Last edited by Zen; 14th March 2004 at 09:15 PM.

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

XTC

For a vehicle that is in short supply (and in some places only 1 dealer) getting a discount is next to impossible .. hope you succeed.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Tadpole

Rich, let us know once you have paid your deposit!! Ihave been given a quote already but want to make sure they can give a little more discount if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    I'm still negotiating with three dealerships at the moment. Can't say too much right now as I mentioned AF to all of them and they might see where I'm at at the moment. Hopefully will have come close to bedding it down Monday/Tuesday.

Rich
    Last edited by hot_pug; 14th March 2004 at 04:42 PM.

Zen

Hey hot_pug, check your private messages.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    For a vehicle that is in short supply (and in some places only 1 dealer) getting a discount is next to impossible .. hope you succeed.
    I know it's not impossible

I know someone that snared a four digit figure off a GTi180 and he's got his car

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    I know it's not impossible
    I know someone that snared a four digit figure off a GTi180 and he's got his car
    Which state ? One with more then a single dealer ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Which state ? One with more then a single dealer ?
    Hahah, is that code for "everywhere but WA"

Smart arses note - in regards to territories (as opposed to states) NT doesn't have any dealers and the ACT only has one

I've heard about the deals in VIC & QLD.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by hot_pug
    How much did you guys pay for your GTI180 and did the dealer throw in any goodies free/discount price??
    GTi180 is $38k on the road in Qld for Red or White. Add about $500 for Black, Blue, Silver.

There are no factory accessories - sunroof is no longer available on any 206 - so this leaves dealer accessories like; Boot tray, rear sunblind, front mudflaps (no 206 flaps exist for the rear), bonnet & headlight protectors.

Cruise control isn't offically available but as the 180 is drive-by-wire it should be able to be fitted. I know a dealer who has done it to other 206 drive-by-wire models but not a 180.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I'm still negotiating with three dealerships at the moment. Can't say too much right now as I mentioned AF to all of them and they might see where I'm at at the moment. Hopefully will have come close to bedding it down Monday/Tuesday. :roflmao:

Rich
    Rich,

given you are in Brisbane then you have five choices of dealer within a two hour drive radius; City Pug, Cullens @ Nambour, Classics @ Toowoomba, European @ Southport, and Coles @ Lismore.

I bought our GTi from Classics, but get it serviced at Coles (its easier because parents are in Northern NSW). I can recommend both these dealers to anyone. A friend bought his from Cullens and I suspect Gerald would be just as good to deal with as the two I've mentioned. I regularly do test drives at Coles & Classics. I drove both of their black 180's back in January.

City & Southport are under extreme pressure to shift stock. I believe they may have just recently had there monthly quota lowered so they can actually have a hope of meeting their target. I know City & Southport sell at near cost and in some cases below.

Good luck with the deal.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Zen

Deposit's down and deal's done, just subject to finance now which shouldn't be a problem. Ended up going for the quick delivery path (damn impatience!).

Though I ended up getting what I wanted (four digit discount + window tinting thrown in), the deal itself was pushed through fast (I wanted to draw it out a little longer and see what else I could weasel out of the dealer).

A Cullen and Son had the best service (and the best price) even though I didn't actually meet the guy, dealings were done over the phone and I would have bought from them otherwise in a snap (delivery was 5 weeks, though I know they have a white and a red in stock right now). At the same time, Classic Autos were a great bunch as well (family's had a sales history with them as well)... I recommend them both to anyone.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

XTC

Deposit's down and deal's done, just subject to finance now which shouldn't be a problem.
    Woohoo ... So what colour, and what's happening to the S16?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Deposit's down and deal's done, just subject to finance now which shouldn't be a problem. Ended up going for the quick delivery path (damn impatience!).

Though I ended up getting what I wanted (four digit discount + window tinting thrown in), the deal itself was pushed through fast (I wanted to draw it out a little longer and see what else I could weasel out of the dealer).

A Cullen and Son had the best service (and the best price) even though I didn't actually meet the guy, dealings were done over the phone and I would have bought from them otherwise in a snap (delivery was 5 weeks, though I know they have a white and a red in stock right now). At the same time, Classic Autos were a great bunch as well (family's had a sales history with them as well)... I recommend them both to anyone.

Rich
    Congratulations Rich. With a five week delivery time that sounds like it has already been made and is on the boat somewhere.

I've never seen any in the Brisbane Holding Yard at Hamilton. But you never know?
    http://206gti.net/brisholdingyard/

Do you want a 206GTi.net sticker to add to your new beast?
    http://206gti.net/stickers/
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

NICE!!!

I sat in one of the GTi180's at the Brisbane motor show, and with 180hp, they must fly.
    I envy you very much.

I wonder if one of those engines would fit in my 205gti 1.9?

Quote Originally Posted by Shmackie
    NICE!!!

I sat in one of the GTi180's at the Brisbane motor show, and with 180hp, they must fly.
    It looks good in Red.
    Brisbane_Motor_Show_2004
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

I wasn't sure until I saw it at the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    It looks good in Red.
    Brisbane_Motor_Show_2004

Zen

I ended up getting an Onyx Black (metallic) and darkest legal tinting. I will be looking at coil overs and lowering it a little 'cos I think the front end sits too high. Check out here, I won't be lowering it that much, probably around 30-40mm at the front. Won't be chroming the wheels, too bling bling. Should be picking it up Friday or Monday.

In regards to the S16, I'm going to keep it a while and get some dents taken out of it and clean it up and sell it privately. Engine was rebuilt 5 odd months ago and want to make sure everything's good with it... full leather, sunroof, Green Cotton air filter and better flowing exhaust (nice sound, not loud!), EBC slotted and dimpled brake rotors, EBC Greenstuffs all round, shorter shifter with Momo gear knob... think I've missed some things but yah. If anyone is looking, let me know and we can even work something out.

Cheers, Simon. Will take you up on the sticker offer.

hot_pug, definitely get in touch with A Cullen and Son. Like I said, they have one in stock and will give you a great deal.

Rich
    Last edited by Zen; 17th March 2004 at 08:18 PM.

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Tadpole

Rich, thanks for your advice. I am going to sort out finance first before I go back to City and see whether they want my money or not!!

I ended up getting an Onyx Black (metallic) and darkest legal tinting. I will be looking at coil overs and lowering it a little 'cos I think the front end sits too high. Check out here, I won't be lowering it that much, probably around 30-40mm at the front. Won't be chroming the wheels, too bling bling. Should be picking it up Friday or Monday.

In regards to the S16, I'm going to keep it a while and get some dents taken out of it and clean it up and sell it privately. Engine was rebuilt 5 odd months ago and want to make sure everything's good with it... full leather, sunroof, Green Cotton air filter and better flowing exhaust (nice sound, not loud!), EBC slotted and dimpled brake rotors, EBC Greenstuffs all round, shorter shifter with Momo gear knob... think I've missed some things but yah. If anyone is looking, let me know and we can even work something out.

Cheers, Simon. Will take you up on the sticker offer.

hot_pug, definitely get in touch with A Cullen and Son. Like I said, they have one in stock and will give you a great deal.

Rich

Zen

Picked up the 206 GTi 180 today... and man, did I give it some on the way home. Brad stopped into work after I picked it up and we went for a quick drive, even gave him a go. More refined than the S16 and better throttle response though I have to get used to the clutch (high friction point). Very happy with the car and it's purchase price.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Picked up the 206 GTi 180 today... and man, did I give it some on the way home. Brad stopped into work after I picked it up and we went for a quick drive, even gave him a go. More refined than the S16 and better throttle response though I have to get used to the clutch (high friction point). Very happy with the car and it's purchase price.

Rich
    Congrats

I have had mine for about a month now, and are absolutely loving it. What colour did you end up getting again? Black? I got the blue. Good to here you got a good deal. Let us know how it goes for you

See ya

Simon
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 16v sold
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

1983 Peugeot 505 STI

As Zen said, we went for a bit of a blat this afternoon. Give it a few thousand kms and I think the engine will free up nicely. I didnt take it past 5500 so was not really able to get into the meat ofthe power, but it had great torque below 3,000rpm. Just seemed alot more beefy in all areas of the rev range.

Chassie felt much more refined, as it should, but also the suspension was very compliant over some of the more questionable roads around here. Quite a feet when it's riding on 40 profile tyres.

Ow, and what a note!!!
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information