New 205 book
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ng850

Thread: New 205 book

Fellow Frogger!

Default New 205 book

Hi, I noticed a new 205 GTi book is due for release in May with a foreword by Ari Vatanen.

Advertisement

http://www.amazon.com/Peugeot-205-Th...rhf_dp_p_img_1

https://booko.com.au/9781847978677/P...Complete-Story

more links for purchasing outside amazon and their ridiculous shipping prices

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that lion5... I forgot the Australian Banana Skin had devalued so much ... major props to A&R though!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lion5 View Post
    https://booko.com.au/9781847978677/P...Complete-Story

more links for purchasing outside amazon and their ridiculous shipping prices
    .......and i thought i was the only one that thought Amazons shipping costs were horrific. :}
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

they are good if you live in the US.

I was trying to buy two books from the SAME seller.
    Each book was like $2.50, some old second hand stuff which no one would ever buy.

Shipping was $24.40 each. I asked if they could combine postage given that it's the same store. They said they can't, because of amazon's rules. Now those two books are going to stay there collecting dust for the next 10 years until someone in the US actually wants to buy them.

While im on this rant **** online bookstores. You will notice that they run optimisation algorithms for old books. So if you want a book that is out of print, or rare, and only 5 other copies exist *ONLINE* of that specific ISBN around the world, online in bold because of the point i'm about to make later, the prices are hiked up to $500-1000 or some ridiculous unrealistic price. And i'm not talking about a first edition of Melvillve's Moby Dick Rockwell Kent illustrated edition (which go for well over 1000-3000), but just some small little book that would have run a few thousand prints in the 60s or 80s or whatever. Anyway so I assumed that the price was a typo, and offered them $25 + shipping, a price that i'd expect to see at a second hand bookstore, where the owner would shake my hand and tell me that hte book I bought came from a deceased estate, or that he'd read it recently, or just smile and bid me a nice day. My offer was declined by a person who has never visited the presumable shelf on which the book would be sitting, responded with the explanation that the price was reviewed carefully. So i proceeded to tell the nearly automated response in the kindest possible fashion to shove the soulless algorithms up their behind and to enjoy seeing that book collect dust because it will never in a million years find a buy for $350.

here's just one example off the top of my head

Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge by Aburish, Said K.: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC 9780747546535 Hardcover - Crashing Rocks Books

Then there's also that other optimization algorithm that does searches and kicks up the price of the product by 0.01 cents. Other sellers use the same app. What happens? Feedback loop and you see $10,000 items on eBay that never get fixed.

Fellow Frogger!

Ok, another one for the bookshelf or even the workshop. It's another one in the ETAI series and written by Guillaume Maguet.

Restaurez votre 205 GTI

Amazon this time does have the best price... Restaurez votre 205 GTI: Amazon.co.uk: Guillaume Maguet, Grégory Galiffi: 9782726895689: Books

New 205 book-restau1.jpg

It is very comprehensive and covers all aspects of the car including overhauling the engine and gearbox.

New 205 book-restau2.jpg

I'll leave it to the experienced mechanics to provide a more detailed review, but seems a good investment even at approx $70.

Oh oui, ce est en français!... but a picture is worth a thousand words and Google Translate is only mouse click away

griffo
    lion5 likes this.

FYI this book is awesome

the pictures are very high res, and it bloody looks at everything. As for the book written by the pom, It looks like another book about another car. I saw the guy's twitter, and he was asking questions about 205 gear ratios via twitter..... doesn't look to be a thoroughly researched book.

some pics of Restaurez votre 205 GTI:

Thread Information