Mi16 2.0L clutch refit
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N5GTi6

Thread: Mi16 2.0L clutch refit

Default Mi16 2.0L clutch refit

Hi froggers.

What's the secret/sequence to refitting the 2.0L mi16 pull clutch?

Bit unsure how to align the clutch and fit the fork to the thrust bearing at the same time.

Same be3 box as the 1.9...thinking I should of fit a 1.9 clutch/cable/fork...if that's possible?

Anyway, ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

its been a long time but i think the go is to remove the actuating arm completely,, stick a Phillips screwdriver in the shaft were the pin goes ,guide the fork into the thrust as you push the gearbox towards the engine ,looking through the slots in the bell housing as you go ,the arm limits movement on the fork ,making it difficult or impossible to line up with the thrust .pugs

1000+ Posts

Another tip that worked well for me was to get two bolts about 200ml long the same thread as the bell housing bolts ,when you get the box almost up fit these long bolts in the top two holes then you can slide the gearbox up to the engine nice and square ,as its supported on the long bolts ,once up put bolts in replacing the long ones last ,pugs

Not sure if it's the same as the BE3/6, but on that I had to remove the plastic bush from around the lever arm to obtain extra movement in the arm - to get the fork sideways around the clutch when sliding the gearbox back on.

There are a few tips in the Gearbox / clutch FAQ on GTi6.com. - which are of course for the BE3/6, but you might find them helpful.

Gearbox?clutch - FAQ Forum - Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club

Cheers

Justin
    addo likes this.
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Fellow Frogger!

It is possible to fit a clutch and cable, and fork from a 1.9. You'll need to change the bushes that mount th fork arm too, but you'll never have that auto adjuster fail and your clutch will work like a real one.

Yeah figures all this out after I realized you could release the pin on the clutch fork! Still needed dads help to turn the fork while I wiggled the spline into position.

I think the 1.9 clutch has much better feel than the 2.0 though! But if anyone reads this, I think I'd highly recommend changing to a 1.9 clutch of you can get the fork. The clutch pedal may be different too from memory. Anyway all back together and new clutch and cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information