I'm lazy and you are clever
  • Register
  • Help

Default I'm lazy and you are clever

Fog/driving light bulb needs replacing in the GTI6/hot hatch. Useful for seeing the roos/stupid buggers on the side of the road out here in Walgett. How to you access the bulb/ loom? Anyone know the bulb number/letter. Thanks/gracias!
    David

Advertisement

Step 1: Remove sunroof...

Bahahah! I must add you to my Facebook

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I reckon most foglights can be fixed with steel capped boots myself. They don't help you see anything other than what you are going to hit. You see the idea is the illuminate brightly just infront of the car. If your doing more than 15km/h .... there pointless as your by the time you see anything in them, your foot won't even have moved to the brake pedal before you hit.

I find though, they really do irritate other motorists greatly.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

I get a good laugh out of wank tanks with foglights fitted up high on there bullbars though ...... Just what do they think that will achieve The idea of a foglight is to be mounted as low as possible and throw the light "under" the fog.

Gee's I'm helpful, now I've said that, try putting the car up onto ramps, you can often access the foglights from underneath/behind. You'll need to pull off a weather proofing rubber cover to access the bulbs.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

As far as fog lights and annoying other drivers, the 306 is excellent. The front foglights aren't worth a tinkers damn, but when you fire up the high intensity rear lights, the car is a right bastard to have to follow. My standard practice is any 4WD that insists on sitting on my bumper and any car that has their fog lights on behind me gets to enjoy the high intensity rear lights.

More than once, I have had people ask me what the problem is with my lights - and I let them know. On 2 occasions, I have shown the other driver how to turn their fog lights off - apparently never heard of the owners manual in the glove box and wondered what that annoying orange light on their dashboard was all about...

306 fogs are easily accessed. Only problem with mine is the silver reflector coating has all fallen off the inside and is now rust brown.
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

Thread Information