404 caliper parts
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 404 caliper parts

Can anyone suggest a source for seals and rubbers for 404 front calipers? It seems strange that there are plenty of drum brake bits available but nothing for calipers.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    Can anyone suggest a source for seals and rubbers for 404 front calipers? It seems strange that there are plenty of drum brake bits available but nothing for calipers.
    The caliper seals are standard seal , 2 inch from memory. These are shared by many other vehicles.

The dust boots are a problem if the existing boots are OK keep them.

I eventually tracked down a complete pair of caliper rebuild kits from Better Brakes Cheltenham, Victoria. But that 5 or so years ago.

Don't ever put rubber grease of the dust boots if you are trying to squeeze a non original boot on to the 404 caliper.

Maxy,

Last year I rebuilt the 404 calipers from my 203. Local brake place had no problem obtaining seals and boots. They were available as part of a kit for a late model Toyota. Afraid I can't remember which model.

Norm

1000+ Posts

I had no problems from better brakes southport ,seems you may have to find someone who will track down the size required not the peugeot model .pugs

Better Brakes used to be a franchise. The franchisee went belly up many years ago. But the never recalled/ enforced the registered trading name.

So many of stronger franchises continued to trade on as separate businesses. They still kept the Better Brakes names, usually with a separate entity T/A Better Brakes.

I suspect they are in buying group that has access to wide range of odd ball and older vehicle brakes parts. They have never let me down with any brake parts, sometimes it takes a couple weeks but they always seem to find unusual and hard to get parts.

Fellow Frogger!

OK thanks all for the info;should get me out of trouble--robmac the pistons are 48mm. Max

Thread Information