Peugeot 406 HDi Fan issue
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Peugeot 406 HDi Fan issue

I have just taken delivery of a very nice 2003 406 HDi Wagon with low kilometers. On my long drive south, it seemed to me that I was hearing the sound of a fan running continuously and at tthe same speed, which in no way could be switched off, even going through all the movements on the dash according to the control settings from the Owners Manual. Has anyone else experienced such a condition and can you suggest what is happening. It was sufficiently annoying to spoil the experience of what was otherwise a quiet running car.
    PeterR

Advertisement

Having thought long and hard on this issue, let me add to the description I have given. Using the fan speed controller, +/-, it progressively goes down 4 3 2 1 0 but on zero reading the fan is still going full pelt. I have picked up that it could be a relay problem or a water sensor issue. Can anyone tell me where the appropriate relays and sensors are located.
    Last edited by PeterR; 15th March 2015 at 09:06 AM.

is the fan controls working at all?
    I'm a little confused at to whether the fan is blowing at full speed or it's just the sound of the fan that's the problem.

could be the climate control air sampling fan that takes the cabin temprature, could need a bit of lube in the bearing

Thread Information