PEUGEOT 404
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: PEUGEOT 404

Tadpole

PEUGEOT 404

I CURRENTLY OWN A 69 404 WHICH I ENJOY GREATLY.I BOUGHT IT SMASHED AND REPAIRED IT.I RECENTLY FITTED A 76 504TI MOTOR IN IT.SINCE FITTING THIS MOTOR I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH REVERSE GEAR ENGAGING.I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHERE TO GET MAGS OR WIDE WHEELSFOR IT.I HAVE AN A/C SYSTEM FOR THE CAR WHICH I AM WORKING UP MOTIVATION TO FIT.THE ENGINE SWAP WAS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD ONCE I REALISED WHICH ENGINE MOUNTS AND EXHAUST MANIFOLD I NEEDED.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A GRILL SURROUND AND THE PANEL BEHIND THE FRONT BAR.BARRING THAT IS ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY A NICE MATT BLACK 404???

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!
    G'day. I've got a '74 504 and a '67 404 rally car. As for wide wheels the 404's are standard rims widened half an inch, you should be able to get some Performance alloys which can be provided as blanks and drilled with the correct PCD etc. They're imitation maglites. I wouldn't go too much wider on the 404 as you'll ruin the Puggy handling. Like the idea of the TI motor - next you'll be wanting to modify it. HA! Where'd you get the AC and how much did it cost? One thing I haven't got in mine.

Cheers,

Chris

Get under the car and have someone operate the gearchange to get into reverse...

I think you'll find it might be something to do with the box being moved over in the tunnel a tad.

My brother might be interested in buying the car if you're serious...

Call me on 04 1128 0267

Thread Information