Cometic gaskets - local agent
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard W

Thread: Cometic gaskets - local agent

Default Cometic gaskets - local agent

I just wanted to share a good experience I've had with the Australian distributors for Cometic gaskets - a mob in Brisbane called Serco.

Advertisement

When I went to price a head gasket I was expecting to get reamed with the normal "+50% Australian distributor" tax. In fact, they gave me a price that was cheaper than the US price!

They were very helpful ordering stock in quickly, stock arrived when they said it would, and they rang me when they said they would. All very basic stuff, but all too often lacking in Australian retailers.

I had actually ordered 2 head gaskets - mine plus another for someone else who wanted to share freight. After I placed the order, however, the second gasket was no longer needed. As it was a special order and not a stock item I said I would obviously honour the order and buy both, but they only made me buy the one and have kept the other for stock.

Very highly recommended.
    BIGRR likes this.

VIP Sponsor

I'll take the spare one, should I contact them direct or can you organise it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    I just wanted to share a good experience I've had with the Australian distributors for Cometic gaskets - a mob in Brisbane called Serco.

When I went to price a head gasket I was expecting to get reamed with the normal "+50% Australian distributor" tax. In fact, they gave me a price that was cheaper than the US price!

They were very helpful ordering stock in quickly, stock arrived when they said it would, and they rang me when they said they would. All very basic stuff, but all too often lacking in Australian retailers.

I had actually ordered 2 head gaskets - mine plus another for someone else who wanted to share freight. After I placed the order, however, the second gasket was no longer needed. As it was a special order and not a stock item I said I would obviously honour the order and buy both, but they only made me buy the one and have kept the other for stock.

Very highly recommended.

Just ring them direct 07 3362 6600. They had 0.030" in stock but ordered 2 x 0.036" 86.5mm in for me.

I should have said the gasket was ordered for XU10J4RS but I think J4R or 2litre Mi16 are the same? But you've obviously worked out what I was talking about...

VIP Sponsor

Sorry, thinking of 1.9 but could still be interested. What is the normal head gasket thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    I should have said the gasket was ordered for XU10J4RS but I think J4R or 2litre Mi16 are the same? But you've obviously worked out what I was talking about...

Huw measured it at 1.2mm (see XU10J4RS Compression Ratio), so 0.047"? The Cometic was about $120.

Thread Information