Aftermarket 308 rotors & pads
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Aftermarket 308 rotors & pads

I've had enough of brake carbon?] dust on my alloys and am keen to try aftermarket pads and rotors e.g. Brembo, TRW, Mintex etc

But a dealership recommended [of course] Peugeot pads and rotors stating the softer rotors and pads are better

Advertisement

Can anyone comment on whether there are any considerations to be made with after market rotors and pads or recommendations ?

Fellow Frogger!

I'd try and source a set of ATE ceramic brake pads, combined with (for no other reason than brand consistency), ATE non-slotted brake discs.

TRW (Lucas) are great pads but they leave the MAXIMUM amount of dust. My next try will be greenstuff but I don't know what the dust rating is.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Fellow Frogger!

I would strongly recommended brembos which are reasonably priced from Eurocarparts (aka ASV).

Fitted new front Brembo pads and rotors to my 207 Gti. Little or no dust and excellent brake feel and stopping. Quite funny really as rears are original pug pads and the back wheels now dust up rapidly and look dirty while the front wheels are clean.

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you all for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by PugMonkey View Post
    TRW (Lucas) are great pads but they leave the MAXIMUM amount of dust. My next try will be greenstuff but I don't know what the dust rating is.
    My garage says they use TRWs and that they will leave less dust than the Peugeot ones, maybe there are different types of TRW pads ?
    Last edited by xlink_nz; 24th February 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon5

Hi all, my rear rotors have worn out

It seems the rear rotors unlike the front ones are a hub type with sealing bearings ?

I can get after market rotors but they don't have to come with the sealed cartridge bearings [optional] and the advise the rotor supplier offers is that the bearings don't need to be replaced unless they are worn

What are others experiences, if I replace the rear rotors should I also always replace the bearing kit [& abs ring] ?

Fellow Frogger!

Get yourself a set of RDA brake pads and rotors. If you want the part numbers for your car, provide me the specific model, year, trans, body type, engine details, etc.

You have the option of solid, slotted or dimpled rotors. They are cheap and good quality. You can pick them up from almost any brake & clutch wholesaler. Plan on spending no more than $450 for front, rear rotors and brake pads.

I have been using them for 12 years with no problem on a variety of cars, including most recently on my Citroen C5 and Pug 407.

If you want low dust pads, try a set of ceramic pads. Unfortunately, they don't deliver the stopping performance of std euro pads.
    Last edited by dcc236; 7th March 2016 at 05:04 PM.

Here's a link to the post I put up a few years ago on my experiences with ATE Ceramic pads on the front of our 308 Touring.

ATE Ceramic brake pads

All I can say is they're fantastic - fully recommended, and now the rear wheels get dirty where the fronts just don't.

After all these years they still look like new - including the discs.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Thread Information