306 Rallye, rebuild / fixing / ???? braking....
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrew Ch

Thread: 306 Rallye, rebuild / fixing / ???? braking....

Tadpole

Default 306 Rallye, rebuild / fixing / ???? braking....

Hello everyone, i'm looking for advice on almost everything,
    i am going into this with the assumption that nothing has ever been changed, maintained or fixed.

I have a 306 Rallye 2001 model, i have read that they are an XT with a body kit?
    others have said S16, personally i have no idea so help here would be appreciated.

my current list of items is as follows:

poly bushes - lower engine, front wish, rear wish, rear beam tension, bump stop and exhaust mounts.
    brake pads, rotors, braided brake lines for the hell of it, Spax rsx suspension - wrong choice but to late to change.

i am looking at also getting:

iridium spark plugs, cabin air filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter with castrol edge as the oil,
    wishbones, ball joints, drop links, CV assembly, hubs.

Advertisement

i will be cleaning the entire underside, then coating what i can with hammerite.

what else can i add or take off my list that can be done while i have almost everything else off the car?

1000+ Posts

As I too have found out Oz Rallye is just XSi with shirts etc, Peugeot Australia making a quick buck out of us yet again.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

14 years old now, have a look at all the cooling pipes etc. The rear coolant distributor is a lot easier to work with when the lower engine mount is out - i wish i realised this at the time. Yours will be the plastic type, but it might still be the alloy in which case you might want to get it looked at anyway. Anyway rubbers hoses and radiator should be ok, but it's worthwhile inspecting them too, recent threads on this. Just look around without dismantling.

on brakes
    eye out the condition of the rubber flanges on the caliper pistons, if it looks night and neat, don't touch them, just wipe off the excess dust, otherwise you may need a rebuild kit on them too. Also do the same for the caliper sliders, if they are original they might still be ok, just clean em out and relube, that's something that you should check every time your replace pads anyway, otherwise your pads might wear unevenly and you'll have all sorts of harmless but irritating pedal feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    As I too have found out Oz Rallye is just XSi with shirts etc, Peugeot Australia making a quick buck out of us yet again.
    XT. It was based on the XT.

And it was just an XT with a fancy badge. No extra body kit etc.

Tadpole

Any one here know much about GTI6 engine conversions?

Some basic advice if you like what you have keep it and enjoy. If you want a GTI6 sell the Rallye and buy a GTI6....,
    addo and FedGrapes like this.

Thread Information