Mechanic-N.S.W.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Mechanic-N.S.W.

1000+ Posts

Default Mechanic-N.S.W.

Hi-Got a 'rello' who ended up with a 407 HDI a few years ago-Could not believe how much better it was [and cheaper] that his long list of Statesman's.

Car was purchased at the Pug. dealer in Newcastle BUT unfortunately has been taking it to the Dealer in Port Macquarie as it is closer [much] to home.

Advertisement

Not happy with having to spend [probably] near 10 grand & only done round 100,000 k's -and I am sure we would all agree -I thought some of the 'clan' could give some heads up so I could tell him whereto go-In a nice sort of way-obviously.

The Pug resides with his owners @ South West Rocks.

Any info duly appreciated.

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

What does the ten grand represent?
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

1000+ Posts

Timing belts aren't that bad. Which engine, the 2.0 4 cyl or the 2.7 6 cyl? It's too soon for Eolys, so what is that price for?

I have no idea of the workshop's reputation, but there was a Cit dealer in Coffs who would be familiar with these engines, and although they no longer sell new Citroens, they are still an authorized service and parts place. See the Citroen website. Anyway it's much the same distance as Port.

There are other Pug mechanics, not dealers, who get a good remark or two from Froggers around the lower Hunter, such as Cessnock, but that's a fair hike away.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

10K ... you gotta be kidding, you could buy another low milage 407 for that sort of money
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Hi pekay49, Coffs is my town and Peugeot is my brand - currently have a 405, a 406 and 407 all in diesel registered. Blewett's the Ford dealer may have recently given Citroen away. There are 3 ex-Peug mechanics in business locally I would recommend and a third lad that is quite exceptional. If anyone wants more info PM me with contact details and I'll ring you back.
    I, also, would like to learn about this $10,000 issue / deal.

Thread Information