Peugeot 207 GTi Timing Chain Replacement
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 207 GTi Timing Chain Replacement

Hi Guys,

I've discovered my 207 GTi has the 'death rattle' described here: MINI COOPER NEWS FEED, Mini Cooper Parts Catalog, Video Repair Tips, and Project Cars. | PROMINI.CO: Mini Cooper S: Rattle Noise from Engine and which has led to the occasional blown engine so I've stopped driving the car and have been looking into either having it replaced or doing the work myself.

Advertisement

My local Peugeot dealership quoted three times the cost for the parts compared to parts suppliers and squillions for the labour so i'm almost certainly going to do it myself.

Has anyone had their tensioner, timing chain and guides replaced recently or done it themselves? I would love any advice from those that might have had it done or done it themselves and/or confirmation on whether Peugeot updated their tensioner. I know based on the link above that Mini updated the tensioner with a shorter version to stop the problem re-occuring but I can't find any confirmation that Peugeot did the same and the replacement may be to the same specs as the original meaning the problem is likely to reoccur. Also can anyone with the Haynes 308 workshop manual confirm if the procedure for Timing Chain replacement is in it?

I've got quotes on genuine Peugeot replacement parts but i'm wondering if I should be going for the Mini replacements or is it likely they've all just come from the same place?

Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

There are timing kits on ebay for these - search for THP timing or EP6 DTS timing. Mini parts more or less the same.

You will need a special timing tool kit for the job. If your in Sydney, Colliers Automotive have experience with timing chains and do the replacement for around $1k

1000+ Posts

The cost of the cam locking tools might put you off. Here is a local Tridon catalogue, p189 http://www.tridon.com.au/databank/do...g-tools_lr.pdf

1000+ Posts

An afterthought. Citroen C4 instructions (French) for the 5FW/5FX engines are at http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...C4/2008_c4.zip. Distribution is at page 135. Note the warnings.

BUMP!

What workshops in Perth can do Peugeot servicing including checking/replacing the timing chain?

Thread Information