205 oil leak/pressure??
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 oil leak/pressure??

Hi

Just a quick question on a Oil pressure/leak issue Im having with my S3 GTI. I seem to have Oil over pressurising and coming up and out the dipstick, is this a common issue?? if you take the dipstick out and let it idle there is a light mist of oil coming out, if you let it idle for a minute turn the car off, than check the oil, the pressure courses a large amount of oil to come spurting out and all over the motor. all of this while the oil pressure gauge reads normal, or kinda low if anything. motor has 218k on the clock and Im using penrite ten tenth racing, 15-50. its they recommend on their web site.

thanks josH

Advertisement

Have you overfilled it?
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Sounds like the breather system is blocked. Its can be a pretty common problem.

Check under the filler cap. There is a mesh the can become blocked over the years. Take it out, unroll it ( the mesh is a roll of wire held together by a pin. pull this out to unravel it ) and then wash it in degreaser. You may also need to check/replace the hoses that run to the filler cap and make sure they are not blocked. And a general look for any kinks in hoses that make cause the sump to pressurise.

If its not this and still pressurising it may be that the rings are starting to fail and the motor is in need of a rebuild.

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Thanks cam.

I'll have a look today. Awhile back it was full of gunk in the filler cap, so I cleaned it all out and it hasn't got dirty again, I'll check the hoses and give it another good clean.

Thanks josH

All sorted now. Both breather houses to to filler cap are kinda gone and the bigger one had a kink in it. I might source new coolant and oil house kits. Iv had 2 other house go lately and think it time to bite the bullet and get it sorted. Any reconditions to where to buy full kits for both coolant and oil???

Thanks josH

i couldnt find anything available other than the silicone ones at baker/faststock

my oil breather circuit has gone to shit, i had a spare from an engine I bought but even that, after closer inspection was showing signs of cracking at the edges even though the rest of the hose is fine. it's about 35 quid for the lower hose, and I think 109quid for the whole kit. talk to cam16v

the genuine breather hose alone from peugeot was going for $180 from some dreamer on ebay

Thanks. Iv sent Cam a email and will follow up with him. Was hoping to find rubber houses as the car is stock, but if it's not available I'll go down the silicone route.

Thanks josH

if i could have i would have gone rubber too. They only do rubber for the coolant hoses. i'm not a fan of spending double for silicone. But they do do silicone in black so it will still look stock.

Thread Information