Diesel Brack Vacuum Pump
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Diesel Brack Vacuum Pump

Hi y'all, just about to put a new brake vacuum pump into my 85 turbo diesel 505, and wondering what oil I need to put into her... this is my 3rd vacuum pump, and not too keen on getting it wrong... and if any one has some tips on getting more life out of these suckers... would be much appreciated... thanks in anticipation....

Advertisement

Default Diesel brake pump.

I think that it is normal engine oil. I will check in my book here though for safety sake and get back later. i have never had problems with those and I think that I have about two pumps here somewhere.

Default Oil in Pump

Yep, the book says that it is normal engine oil. That is for a 504 and 505 type. Don't overfill. There is an inspection hole appárently for checking ,but the pump should be upright or something. I can't scan the picture, but I think you get the drift.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Filldebin
    Yep, the book says that it is normal engine oil. That is for a 504 and 505 type. Don't overfill. There is an inspection hole appárently for checking ,but the pump should be upright or something. I can't scan the picture, but I think you get the drift.

Hey Thanks for your input Filldebin.... much appreciated... she's all sorted... happy pugn'

Thread Information