Never sell your diesel to a woman
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon8 Never sell your diesel to a woman

Found this at:
    Curbside Classic: 1976 Peugeot 504 ? One Continent?s French Mercedes And COTY Is Another Continent?s Most Rugged Vehicle Is Another Continent?s POS

"Here is what I learned about Pugs:

1) When selling one, sell only to a Pugophile. He will know the intricacies of Pugs and be well enough informed to put the pedal to the metal on long hills on hot days.
    2) Do not, I repeat, do not, sell a Pug, especially a diesel, to a woman. Doing so will lead to a smoldering pile of Pug being towed to your shop the first hot spell.
    3) A 504 feels like one of the most solid cars every built. The bodies were built like tanks. The ride was amazingly smooth and the seats wonderful. These cars waft down the road."

Advertisement

Particularly fond of #2

1000+ Posts

Hot spells, Pug diesels, women drivers, smouldering piles being towed..

Sorry I don't get it.

I like my 505 seats more than my old 504's. However I can't lay the 505 ones back far enough to sleep in, whereas my early 504 seats were aptly named "The Peugeot Hilton"....sheer bliss to sleep in overnight (all it took was a couple of small pieces of foam, plus the car parked facing slightly downhill, and a large blanket rolled up underneath a pillow)

Oddly enough, I never liked the early 504 seats - not enough shoulder support if you're tall. I think the 1980 504 seats were about the best ones.

Renault Australia used to have chairs in their foyer (on Punt road) which were 504 (early) seats on metal chair frames. They could get people to buy 504's just by letting them sit in those chairs!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information