207 Rotors
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 207 Rotors

Default 207 Rotors

Hi all, after a recent rego inspection to transfer a 207 GTi to me, the mechanic recommended I replace the front and rear rotors and rear brake pads as they down to 10%. I received a quote for DBA T2 Street slotted rotors and I'd like to the work myself but they come in three sizes - 266mm, 283mm and 302mm. Has anyone used these particular rotors or can provide a better recommendation and what size should I be going for?

Advertisement

Thanks.

From memory the front rotors on the 207 GTi are 302mm and rears are 249mm.

Can speak about DBA's specifically, but Brembo is another brand to look at. Started using them on my dads Citroen Xsara on the front and they have been much better than the OEM rotors, which always used to get warped.

No experience with the 207 GTi, but I'd say that if you're only changing the rotors, then you's need to use the same diameter as the originals. Going to a different diameter (if there was room inside the wheel) would mean modifications to the calipers and/or mountings.

Yes, the 207 GTi uses 302mm rotors.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

The 207Gti uses 302mm rotors. Replaced my fronts last week myself using Brembo rotors and pads purchased from ASV (aka Eurocarparts). Cost was $75 each for the rotors and $75 for the pads ($225 all up). The brembos feel brilliant and are excellent value. Have the part numbers at home if you want.

Fellow Frogger!

Forgot to mention that with the rear rotors, be mindful that you will need to replace the rear bearings at the same time as I think they are pressed. Haven't needed to replace mine yet. Perhaps others can shed some light on this peculiarity with rear rotors on PSA cars.

ASV may also have the tears in Brembo. I would add that I swapped from genuine pads and rotors and the brembos feel much better, with a nicer more solid pedal feel and better bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaza1 View Post
    The 207Gti uses 302mm rotors. Replaced my fronts last week myself using Brembo rotors and pads purchased from ASV (aka Eurocarparts). Cost was $75 each for the rotors and $75 for the pads ($225 all up). The brembos feel brilliant and are excellent value. Have the part numbers at home if you want.
    Wow if you could supply the part numbers that would be fantastic, i'm going to do the front and rear so i'll look into the rear bearings as well. I'm looking at doing it myself as well, did you have a workshop manual to assist or do you have a bit of experience?

Thanks.

I just changed the front rotors and pads on my 207 HDi and it is not a difficult job but you will likely need a T50 torx bit. Fortunately a friend had one. I fitted aftermarket rotors and pads my mechanic supplied me with and my dust build up problem on the front wheels has all but disappeared. They we some european brand I've never heard of. They work very well with lots of feel. Happy camper.

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I just changed the front rotors and pads on my 207 HDi and it is not a difficult job but you will likely need a T50 torx bit. Fortunately a friend had one. I fitted aftermarket rotors and pads my mechanic supplied me with and my dust build up problem on the front wheels has all but disappeared. They we some european brand I've never heard of. They work very well with lots of feel. Happy camper.
    Was it a T50 or T55?

Fellow Frogger!

Genuine Part numbers for the front rotors are 4246P5 (brembo part number is 09.9935.10 or 09.9935.14)

Genuine Part number for the front pads are 425260 (brembo part number is P62076S).

302mm rotor req'd

you need a T55 torx from memory.

There re is a youtube clip where guy does his rear rotors on a 207 (search rear brake change peugeot 207). He bought brembo rotors for the rear which came complete with bearings, abs ring, centre bolt and dust cap. He has a series of three videos showing parts, tools req,d and how to change the rears. You need a 36mm socket for rear hub bolt and also caliper winder tools (left and right threaded which sell on ebay as a kit for around $30.

Good luck

Thread Information