205 fuses
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 fuses

Default 205 fuses

Hi all,

My drivers side window is stuck... all the way down.

I've removed the panalling etc.. and all looks ok. I think I can hear the motor TRYING to engage and lift the window up.. but.. I'm not sure if I'm tricking myself.

I've had a look at the haynes manual and it mentions that there (as you would expect) a fuse for the power windows.

My question is... are there 2 fuses? i.e one for each side? or just the one.

My passenger window winds up and down 100% perfectly.. if there is only one fuse for the both windows.. then this will point to a motor / wiring issue

Thank you for any information that you can provide

Advertisement

Justin
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    Hi all,

My drivers side window is stuck... all the way down.

I've removed the panalling etc.. and all looks ok. I think I can hear the motor TRYING to engage and lift the window up.. but.. I'm not sure if I'm tricking myself.

I've had a look at the haynes manual and it mentions that there (as you would expect) a fuse for the power windows.

My question is... are there 2 fuses? i.e one for each side? or just the one.

My passenger window winds up and down 100% perfectly.. if there is only one fuse for the both windows.. then this will point to a motor / wiring issue

Thank you for any information that you can provide

Justin
    I really wish someone would answer this as we are having the same problem with our 205. Although the motor isn't even working. I'm guessing the switches are a bit dodgy.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Fellow Frogger!

Not sure on the fuse count but I had a similar problem and in my case it was the switch. If the passenger side is OK, try swapping passenger and drivers window swiches and see what happens. The switches only clip into the surrounds and plug in/out of the wires so it is an easy thing to do. Good luck!
    unfrogged (for now)

Thread Information