Ok looking for a 205(i crashed mine 2 days ago
  • Register
  • Help

Default Ok looking for a 205(i crashed mine 2 days ago

Ok im now looking for a 205 as i crashed mine 2 days ago. rear right tyer blew out going round a left hander and the arse slid out and i put it into a ditch. Car is getting assessed tomorrow. Oretty sure it will get written off. Hope it does. Dont want a bent car back. So i know i should be in WANTED area but does anybody know of a 205 in good cond. Dosent matter really about the ks as im putting the mi16 in it as soon as i get it.

Advertisement

Cheers Cam

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    Ok im now looking for a 205 as i crashed mine 2 days ago. rear right tyer blew out going round a left hander and the arse slid out and i put it into a ditch. Car is getting assessed tomorrow. Oretty sure it will get written off. Hope it does. Dont want a bent car back. So i know i should be in WANTED area but does anybody know of a 205 in good cond. Dosent matter really about the ks as im putting the mi16 in it as soon as i get it.

Cheers Cam

That's exactly the type of attitude toward the 205 that I don't like. While they were produced in such a high quantity, we only had oh-so-many on our shores.
    Hoping that the car is a write-off simply so that you can save a few dollars is NOT the attitude that you should have toward such a classic car. If this attitude is kept up with 205 drivers, the cars will become quite scarce; almost like 504 parts being exported overseas for the most minute amounts of $. They'll run out eventually.
    I wonder how long it will be until 205's are a rarely seen car. It always saddens me to learn that there is one less 205 on the road

On the other hand, if you're planning on putting an Mi16 in another 205, be sure to find one with a botched engine.

-- DJ

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i'm sitting here thinking, are you worthy of another 205 ?

first you hurt her heart and she powers down
    then you bruise her

in regards to another 205 Mi-16 when are we going to learn that not only were 205's sold here in X amount of numbers but there were far less Mi-16's sold here and they are a dying breed

ok enough ranting
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

nJm

In the two years or so that I've been on this forum it is amazing how many 205's have been written off! No wonder the new 206 Gti180 has far more 'safe' handling traits.

I say give all those 205 drivers a 504 or 505 GR to punt around in for a while and learn to just get used to taking their time
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by cam85

Cheers Cam
    I take it you won't be needing my dash board part then?

Graham Wallis

Default Car for sale

Hi, Cam

I will be selling my 89' 205 GTi soon, as i have just bought the black 93' posted on this website by "Mi-16 Weapon"

It is light silver in colour and it had done about 160K, haven't checked for a while. 14"ers, sunroof...etc
    It is in great condition for an 89'
    It would like a Mi-16 engine... i have always wanted to put one in it. So i would love to give it to someone with the enthusiasm to plonk in one of those engine's in the car... and if you do i would love to see it when completed.

If intersted pm. me

Cheers, Justin

Default this is rank!!!

hey all,
    it seams that very1 here is debating weather people should try and keep these cars that are in all honestly probably bent furked and dam like any one would wanna get it back if its bent bent back as well!tell you guys now if you smashed your beloved 205!or any pug that u would rather your old bent 1 back but had a dodgy fix done than another one that has been taken care of for the same price!all you guys should think of it as if you where in his shoes!

jordan

Hey guys,
    Cheers Jordan.
    Thanks for the support guys. Sorry that a mecanical failure of the 205 made me loose control. Doubt it if anyone could have saved it hitting a ditch. Also what jordan said. If you were to get a bent 205, what do you recon the handling would be like????????? Excatly my point. Also those of you who rant on about 405s being scarce. The 405 motor i have came out of a crashed 405. So i think you should all consider my position and understand that i do care about pugs being around for years to come. I think if you crashed your 205 and bent the chassis like i have managed to you would NOT want it back. As much as i loved that car, and its hard to part with it i think its best that i buy a STRAIGHT 205. Seriously you guys must worry to much about 405s being around for years to come. I dont think they will ever die. Have Datsun 1600 dies. I dont think so, and how many of them have sr20 turbo mortors and the likes in them. I also think you should take note that there were OVER 5 000 000 205s made. Hello i think you would have to crash about 1000 a week for 10 years for them to dies out.

Cam

O/T (kinda), but how many 205s were sold in australia?

Nick

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by nchandler
    O/T (kinda), but how many 205s were sold in australia?

Nick
    I would be surprised if there were a million left in the world, they are
    being abandoned at an astonishing rate O/S. Good GTIS sell for a couple of hundred pounds in the UK.

Graham Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    I would be surprised if there were a million left in the world, they are
    being abandoned at an astonishing rate O/S. Good GTIS sell for a couple of hundred pounds in the UK.

Graham Wallis
    Tin foil is only so expensive. Peugeot made them light and cheap. They were not made to last. Best to remove the dodgy ones and keep the remaining good ones. A little Darwinian I know, but really..... God knows the dodgy ones are heaps of poo anyway.....

Cheers
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

The first time I thought along the lines expressed by some (including the 'rambo...) was when the 205 got written off in Brisbane about three months ago.

Sure, they might have made over 5m of the little things, but not so many were GTis and very few made it to Australia.

I think the number depletion we're seeing and the apparent cult following they have might well make it sensible for someone to import a few of those good ones Graham mentions in pommieland.

Of course, you would import a few Mi16 engines at the same time...

hi cam,

just came across this thread tonight.

be it a driver error or a mechanical malfunction or a combination of both, nobody wants to be involved in accident.

least youre aok. pity bout your 205.

wouldve been freakn scary with a tyre blow out mid corner!

i think your original post has been misunderstood and taken out of context, somewhat.

re: 205 in accidents. what conclusions are you drawing re 205gti drivers? bit of a low blow there - simply doesnt need to be discussed because generalisations are surely gonna fly.

should be end of story for this issue.

i can already see where this threads heading towards.

hope we stay on topic.

all the best cam.

p.s. yeah a bit OTT on the availability of 205s here in oz. and yup, it aint ezie peezie to ship 205s from wherever they hibernate.

go check the classifieds dude.

anyhoo
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Such a diplomat for the forum Reggie... i'm voting for you at the next annual awards.

You guys over east are talking about how rare 205's are over east, during the time I've been a pug fan (since I've got my 505) in 2002, I've only seen 2 205's, so they are indeed an exceptionally endangered species here in Perth, from my observations anyway, as I'm not a member of a peugeot club

I've still got mine for sale, see:
    1987 205GTi

price around $5,000 negotiable...

Sajica,

If you see one driving in here in Melbourne it's a lucky day.

I'd be lucky 2 see one a week!

its a shame to see that 205's are a dieing breed, and / or have been thrown in with the boy racer type cars. on the other side of things though, its good to have a unique car i mean i bought my 205 purely for the fact that you dont see 205 5 doors in aus
    Last edited by orestes; 10th March 2004 at 02:23 PM.

I think u'd have the only one in Aus no?

I think u'd have the only one in Aus no?

thats what i'd like to think but aprently there is about 10 personal imports in australia. but from what i've heard, theres one in brisbane, and one going around country victoria
    Last edited by orestes; 10th March 2004 at 03:34 PM.

Yeh, i saw a 5 door 205 at a servo in syd, twas about 6 months ago and was a auto!

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Such a diplomat for the forum Reggie... i'm voting for you at the next annual awards.
    hehehe... i was on my period last night .

yeah, thought about it again and yeah 205 gtis do get crashed alot *and is obviously not just relegated to our quaint forum*. i read somewhere that if it hasnt been crashed at least once then its probably not a 205gti or the driver likes to wear skirts . yeah it isnt a very forgiving vehicle - insert snap oversteer .

boys, 205 gtis will/have always appealled to boy racers and enthusiasts for all the reasons that have been mentioned countless times - maybe not so much here in oz coz they all want full sik hyundai lancers wif droid body kits and monster tachos or anyfing wif a bent engine rey.

yadda yadda yadda.

man its gettn late and im full of shit and i dont even know what im talking about.

cheers yall and no hard feelings .

edit: *_insert txt_*
    Last edited by pugjet; 10th March 2004 at 11:32 PM.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Cam, please let me know what auction it goes to as a write off
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs: