pug parts pricing
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

pug parts pricing

Hi all, I just got a quote for an Idle Stepper motor for a 98 306 Xsi, $141 inc GST. That doesn't sound too bad but has anyone bought something similar for their car? Where else can i get prices on peugeot parts. This was from the pug parts dealer.

Advertisement

Thanks,

Joey

Have you tried Dapco at 52 Stanley St Penshurst?
    Their phone no is 95345388.
    They seem to keep all parts that are in high demand.

george

I have used both Dapco (excellent service & seem to have good range of parts) & Caravelle in Melbourne, who have a slightly smaller range, but have a cattle-dog with prices, & are a bit cheaper for common parts (eg $88 for 405SRDT waterpump)
    Doug

Fellow Frogger!
    thanks, tried Dapco but no stock. I've ordered it from the dealer anyways, just hope this fixes my problem!

The aftermarket suppliers usually only sell the fast selling parts. I wanted a PCV valve for my SRDT & have to wait for the frogs to supply (21 days)
    Doug

1000+ Posts
    It's Bosch isn't it? It's worth trying to cross reference the part number with a non-brand aligned Bosch dealer to see if they are generic - these sorts of parts sometimes fit a range of cars.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Stuey's hit the nail on the head;
    I once needed a fuel pump for a CX GTi and was quoted all sorts of prices both new and second hand. Mentioned it to a guy at Repco who promptly looked it up in a catalogue and produced one (genuine Bosch) for about one third of the price.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Yep. That's the way to go Alan. Repco always surprise me with ethir ability to find electrical bits for older french cars.

There is a useful web site with parts cross references at <a href="http://www.vectorbd.com/peugeot/diag.html" target="_blank">http://www.vectorbd.com/peugeot/diag.html</a>

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

I am just rebuilding the engine in my 85 505 SRD turbo. And i needed an oil pump. Everyone i talk to gives me a quote for aroun the $550 mark, and say it has to come from france. Is there anyone who makes aftermarket ones? Cause mine is a weird engine that has lots of series 2 stuff, including the oil pump.

OH NO, REPCO!

Off topic, but...THAT brings back memories...

In 1982 I worked at the Repco Canada warehouse in Vancouver. I never liked most Repco stuff (the Repco-made piston/liner kits were made out of silver bubble gum or something equally soft, absolute rubbish), except Metal Master brake pads. But they did have some interesting stuff made by others and re-boxed to pretend it was their own. For example, I bought an OEM Verto-Ferodo pressure plate for my then-404 Coupé Injection for peanuts (I paid half of already-cheap Repco retail price for parts, being an "insider"). I also stocked up all my friends with ultra-discounted parts for their assorted rides, mostly unreliable British sports cars.

This was a summer job. We lowly warehouse workers used to have pallet jack races around the warehouse floor. We were not too productive some days One of my co-workers was an ex-con, probably convicted for sexual assault, such was the filth with which he verbally harrassed the women in the office upstairs.

The boss of the Canadian arm was an Aussie guy named Bart (I forget the last name) and he was a dickhead, but hey, I was just a summer student so why should he be nice to me? (the dirty bastard - heh heh). For example, one day we were opening crates of engine bearings from the Homeland and we couldn't believe our luck, there were cases of Foster's beer interspersed with the parts. Good old Bart snatched 'em before we could get the bottle opener out It was a hot day, too

After being there all summer, I said that I could work a bit part-time in the fall, in between uni classes. I did a couple of times, but then they got smart and refused to call me in any more as I was deemed to be a "disruptive influence". Coming from those meatheads, it was a compliment.

These Repco Canada guys were incompetent managers, losing customers daily, mainly by screwing up stock orders regularly (poor packaging - resulting in damaged parts on delivery) and the Canadian company went belly-up in the mid-1980s, which was a shame if only for the fact that they threw out lots of useful parts such as Borgo Piston/sleeve kits for 1950s Alfas and DS Citroëns. These are now in a Vancouver landfill.

I don't miss Bart though. I like to think that he's now got a good job Down Under now, as human shark-bait or something equally stimulating

[ 28 February 2002: Message edited by: Mike Tippett ]</p>
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Tadpole
    [quote]Originally posted by clint_on:
    <strong>I am just rebuilding the engine in my 85 505 SRD turbo. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Clint_on, I was interested that you are rebuilding a 505 diesel - I am going to be starting that too on a few engines that I will want to fit to a boat project - what has been your experience in getting the usual bits and pieces such as bearings, gaskets, rings etc.

Did you solve the oil pump supply issue? Where would you suggest I go to buy parts at best prices and good quality bits?

Thanks in anticipation

Peter
    Regards

Peter

Thread Information