306 Central Locking playing up
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TrinityJayOne

Thread: 306 Central Locking playing up

Default 306 Central Locking playing up

Anybody had their central locking play up and solved it? My GTI6 drivers door button baulks at locking and of course stops the car from locking. Do I lube or is it electrical? Thanks!

Advertisement

Possible answer...... except the door locks and locks the whole car manually using the key? Quote.."On further reading, the most common cause of the problem is a break in the door wiring loom feeding the door central locking actuator sensors. The break is most common on the wiring between the A-post and the driver‘s door."

If I keep this up I might answer my own query. I did have a block sunroof drain and got water in!!! "Does your sun roof leak? Mine has done and water has seeped into the remote receiver. Im guessing this has damaged the electrics."

Fellow Frogger!

My GTi6 had a central locking issue that I never really got to the bottom of where it just refused to do anything, like I wasn't even pushing the button. Always happened when I parked in a particular area of a local Coles. I've since moved houses and haven't experienced the issue since, but I did notice at the time that my driver's side lock is much stiffer than the passenger side (both using the button in the door or turning the key).

For an unrelated reason I once had the door card off the passenger's side door and once reassembled I found that the lock on that side was incredibly smooth. A child could push the button down with their pinky. I think perhaps part of the styrene sheet around the lock on the driver's side is binding with the lock, but the door card was such a prick to get back on last time that I'm not too keen on going through that again seeing as everything still works.
    dhaw likes this.
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

thanks for the reply......I did not have to do anything as the problem spontaneously resolved....weird and French!

1000+ Posts

My father in laws 306 needed a replacement door lock module to solve the problem. Luckily I had one amongst my spares.
    My first thought was the wiring break but it was OK.
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

Door lock modules always fail...common fault

Thread Information