205 red door strip
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saltyballs

Thread: 205 red door strip

Tadpole

Default 205 red door strip

Just picked up this little rocket last week. Unfortunately its had a ding and the red strip in the door panel is missing on the passenger side. I'm thinking this is probably going to be hard to find - anyone managed to source one before? Maybe a third party manufacturer that makes them? Pugwreck has one but as part of a full door, so understandably they don't want to separate them. Thanks.

Advertisement

205 red door strip-pug.jpg

Fellow Frogger!

Nice where did you pick it up from? Give us all some details!

you can buy the red strip new from ebay.co.uk. Just do a search. Not cheap, but will sort you out!

Tadpole

ah cool, ill have a geeze on ebay then. Car was through a mate, just happened to mention I was looking for a 205 and he said his mother in law was selling but hadn't got round to advertising yet. Yep, mother in law. Had it 15 years. Holy grail isn't it, lady owner, full service history? Its had a bit of work though, recon engine (think the timing belt went), gearbox, clutch, electrics etc. Couple of dings in the body work, but all doable. Its a bit tappety so it sounds like a sewing machine on full speed - are they adjustable tappets on these? Couple of oil leaks, water ingress, a dim headlight, a characteristic water pump/tensioner squeaky noise and a good clunk from the rear at times, so enough to keep me on my toes for a while!
    lozenge likes this.

Tadpole

struggling to find the red strip on ebay - do you have a link?

Fellow Frogger!

Nice.

Link below will give you an idea. It's for the drivers side though. You will just need to keep a look put mate.

Genuine O/E Peugeot 205 GTI Nearside Door Bodykit Trim Red Insert | eBay

If you get stuck and you ever come up to Sydney, I should have a reasonable 2nd hand one to spare before long - just need to do some more sorting on parts for my project car to confirm what I've got.

Tadpole

yeow! awesome, thanks man.

Thread Information