407 hdi service
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grahammac

Thread: 407 hdi service

Fellow Frogger!

Default 407 hdi service

Having owned in excess of about 40 Peugeots in the past 40 years and currently being the custodian of around 20 ranging from 403's to 505's including a 505 Dangel, I must say how disappointed I am in these new Peugeots.

they are in my opinion just another mass produced vehicle that are designed to fail regularly and to create situations where the owner has to return to a dealership so that they can rip you off.

Advertisement

my 407 coupe (last new Peugeot I will ever buy) has only done 60000klms in 8 years, forget that is now only worth about 10% of what I paid for it, but in its 60000klms it has had to have the ABS sensors replaced all round twice. The dealer laughs and says the first lot were crap, the second lot no better and now I have just had to replace them for a third time at a cost of $107 each plus labour. They fitted a new pollen filter dispute the fact that the old one had only done 5000klms and the car has never been on the dirt.
    Some how they found that the return line to the diesel tank was leaking (after 60000klms) and that cost another $200 to replace plus labour. Their computer said the car had moisture in the brake fluid so it all had to be replaced and the lines purged. The bloody car has hardly ever been out of the garage and probably only driven in the wet a handful of times.

they note on my invoice that at the next service, which will probably be in two years time when the car has done another 6000klms they say I have to get the timing belt and all seals replaced.

is this car expensive or what?

timing belt is supposed to be good for 180000klms or 9 years. Guess what my nine years is coming up next year.

a couple of years ago a depollution faulty light came up, the dealer replaced the filter when the car had only done 10000klms and told me not to continue to use that crappy Caltex fuel. I told him Peugeot gave me a Caltex fuel card with $1000 free crappy Caltex fuel on it.

i love my old Pugs and I prefer to drive them rather than this 'show pony' pretend Peugeot.

there now I feel better.

graham
    Wildebeest likes this.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahammac View Post
    Having owned in excess of about 40 Peugeots in the past 40 years and currently being the custodian of around 20 ranging from 403's to 505's including a 505 Dangel, I must say how disappointed I am in these new Peugeots.

they are in my opinion just another mass produced vehicle that are designed to fail regularly and to create situations where the owner has to return to a dealership so that they can rip you off.

my 407 coupe (last new Peugeot I will ever buy) has only done 60000klms in 8 years, forget that is now only worth about 10% of what I paid for it, but in its 60000klms it has had to have the ABS sensors replaced all round twice. The dealer laughs and says the first lot were crap, the second lot no better and now I have just had to replace them for a third time at a cost of $107 each plus labour. They fitted a new pollen filter dispute the fact that the old one had only done 5000klms and the car has never been on the dirt.
    Some how they found that the return line to the diesel tank was leaking (after 60000klms) and that cost another $200 to replace plus labour. Their computer said the car had moisture in the brake fluid so it all had to be replaced and the lines purged. The bloody car has hardly ever been out of the garage and probably only driven in the wet a handful of times.

they note on my invoice that at the next service, which will probably be in two years time when the car has done another 6000klms they say I have to get the timing belt and all seals replaced.

timing belt is supposed to be good for 180000klms or 9 years. Guess what my nine years is coming up next year.

a couple of years ago a depollution faulty light came up, the dealer replaced the filter when the car had only done 10000klms and told me not to continue to use that crappy Caltex fuel. I told him Peugeot gave me a Caltex fuel card with $1000 free crappy Caltex fuel on it.

i love my old Pugs and I prefer to drive them rather than this 'show pony' pretend Peugeot.

there now I feel better.

graham

You forgot to mention how they ride like an empty dumptruck too... Have you smashed everything plastic under yours yet from it constantly basing into the ground. The towbar always smacks the ground at the back of ours... and frail plastic undertray at the front is long smashed up and gone. Even the tiny little speed bumps in a caravan park we went too recently would have it crashing down smashing the belly into the ground .... There a big dent in one of the sills under the back door I noticed recently. Dunno how that happened. those tiny square shaped speed humps ... Unless you crawled over them with one wheel in the grass at 0.0005 of walking pace speed while riding the clutch you slammed it's belly down in the most horrific fashion.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

The same suspension components (I don't know about the spring rates) are in steel-sprung C5s and upper end Pug 508s. All 508s have the same rear axle. These owners don't seem to have cars that crash up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by grahammac View Post

there now I feel better.

graham

YES but these "show pony" pretend Peugeots must have the best looking arse end in the business!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 407 hdi service-dsc01098.jpg  
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    YES but these "show pony" pretend Peugeots must have the best looking arse end in the business!
    Yes I agree it does look good and it is great to drive I just don't like the cost of getting anything done to it.

Graham

Thread Information