Default 205 GTi

Just curious what people would expect to pay for the following car:

88 205GTi, (s2)
    150,000k's
    Reco engine 500k ago
    New radiator
    Reco clutch - done in last month
    4 Brand new tyres
    Body straight, (no accidents, no scratches, looks mint)
    Sunroof
    Electrics great
    Interior very polished - no rips, tears, basically perfect
    No rego
    Long service history with recent work done on most parts
    Aircon converted and regassed and functional

Advertisement

The car runs like a dream

From a dealer with 2 year engine warranty and 6months parts

Car in melbourne.

Can any of you throw your two cents in. Very interested to see what people would pay, (and as such, whether i'm going to get ripped off!)

Hi Mark,

Well since i have no pics to see i cannot tell the condition of car or interior but since its in a dealer it will be about 3 grand more than normal so i'm guessing 7 - 9 would be normal but i'd say 10 grand since its in a yard? How did i go mark?

Cheers nick

Tadpole

G'day Nick,

$10 000 was spot on.

It was at a Peugeot mechanic that moves a lot of second hand cars as well.

Do you think that's a reasonable price to pay?, (rest assured both interior and exterior are top notch).

Thanks,

Mark

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    Hi Mark,

Well since i have no pics to see i cannot tell the condition of car or interior but since its in a dealer it will be about 3 grand more than normal so i'm guessing 7 - 9 would be normal but i'd say 10 grand since its in a yard? How did i go mark?

Cheers nick
    think of the spanky vl calais turb's u could buy 4 that , they run low 12's easily

my 205 will only owe me 6000 when its finished and its very much improved, over a standard one

think of the spanky vl calais turb's u could buy 4 that , they run low 12's easily

my 205 will only owe me 6000 when its finished and its very much improved, over a standard one

sure if you want nothing but straight line speed, then by a holden. but if you want something that goes round corners like a race car then the pug is a much better option

G'day Nick,

$10 000 was spot on.

It was at a Peugeot mechanic that moves a lot of second hand cars as well.

Do you think that's a reasonable price to pay?, (rest assured both interior and exterior are top notch).

Thanks,

Mark

i think $10 000 is a little steep for a series II 205 even in perfect condition look at this thread 205 Mi16 FOR SALE and you'll see what i mean, offers over $15000 gets you a car like that

Icon10 bull

Quote Originally Posted by orestes

sure if you want nothing but straight line speed, then by a holden. but if you want something that goes round corners like a race car then the pug is a much better option
    i used to argue that bull, ive had a 95 gsi, a 94 205 gti, a 84 gtv, and currently a 205 gti work in progress and a gtvi.
    but my mate has a vs commode (shitter) with home made turbs set up, we race the back streets of adelaide from point to point, and he whips me even though hes out of shape most of the time and hes having more fun than i am in his pregnant turtle of a car

i used to argue that bull, ive had a 95 gsi, a 94 205 gti, a 84 gtv, and currently a 205 gti work in progress and a gtvi.
    but my mate has a vs commode (shitter) with home made turbs set up, we race the back streets of adelaide from point to point, and he whips me even though hes out of shape most of the time and hes having more fun than i am in his pregnant turtle of a car

well i guess theres a point where more horses wins over handeling, but there are a lit of arguments to back up both sides of the story. paris to dakah a 504 beat every car, except a porsche, and there was similair results in london to sydney races. there is no question in my opinion that a pug out handles, most aussie and jap cars

I'd give him an extra grand coz it's in Melbourne.... and maybe a couple of hundred for having an engine re-co at 100k for no aparent reason. Dud why not make it a cool 15 grand?

Hi Mark,

I would pay that for a really good one but it would have to come with a good warranty and a very good inspection. Is that from birrell motors or alpine connection?? If it is they both have quite good cars. As for the other crap on this forum this is a french car forum not a holden one come on guys grow up!

Nick

HI Mark,

I'd try to get a series three if you can much better cars.

Nick

Marky pay no attention to Nick he's a very lerned man but when it comes to the S3 he's sold... I recommend the S2 coz you can tinker with the engine and get more out of it.

That is if you like having a play with motors!

This is one of the 205gtis at Universe motors in Richmond?

Universe are pretty optimistic with their pricing, they tend to start with wild prices and lower them over a series of weeks until the cars finally move (I pass universe everyday), Remember they are in no hurry, they are mechanics primarily, not a car yard.

To be honest, I don't think at $10,000 it is an amazing deal for an s2......remembering it is also very likely they picked this car up for a song, with a stuffed engine and clutch, fixed them, and have thrown it out the front.

Furthermore, in that sort of price range you can afford a younger S3.....which is ultimately more desirable in my opinion.

If you really want this car, let it sit there for a while, then make them an offer, they should be more flexible than you may think.......they'll also be pretty keen for you to get the car serviced with them

Remember they're paying rent in Richmond and that's why they're prices are over the top....

Luca,

Just saying you can get a series three for abit more which is a far nicer car. However if you want to play with motors buy a cheaper s2. I love all 205 gtis!!!

Nick

Nik the S3 had that drab interior man.. i reckong there's nothing like the interior of the S2 and the true euro look. ie: Up and away reverse select and the snow flake symbol for the a/c.

Call me particular.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Nik the S3 had that drab interior man.. i reckong there's nothing like the interior of the S2 and the true euro look. ie: Up and away reverse select and the snow flake symbol for the a/c.

Call me particular.....
    Drab interior - you are joking right?

Bright red carpet - red and black check upholstery - man that carpet just screams at you!!!!!
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Only the charcoal S3 got that dude... the shit green one got a grey interior.

I mean you may as well drive a 205 Si.

Only the charcoal S3 got that dude... the shit green one got a grey interior.

I mean you may as well drive a 205 Si.
    Errr, mine wasn't charcoal, but I would have liked one that colour......
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

and the white had it too yeah

and the white had it too yeah
    Luca you damn fool only the classics got the green carpet. AND ALL 205 GTIS ARE AWESOME! So stop your fighting!

Nick

Hi Mark,

I would pay that for a really good one but it would have to come with a good warranty and a very good inspection. Is that from birrell motors or alpine connection?? If it is they both have quite good cars. As for the other crap on this forum this is a french car forum not a holden one come on guys grow up!

Nick
    my point is why spend money on crap performance, i like 205's but buy a cheap one and do the work yourself, then u end up with a better car (improved)

Hi,

Yeah maybe but if you want a car you can drive day in day out and not worry about what next will go wrong try the series three. But by all means if you want to modify it don't start with the series three. I like the series one because they are just a go kart, the series two is a nice package nice interior but still cheap so you can do they up. The series three is the refined one for daily rally driving

Nick

Luca you damn fool only the classics got the green carpet. AND ALL 205 GTIS ARE AWESOME! So stop your fighting!

Nick

Not true. I was looking at a non classic, S3 gunmetal GTi, 92 model, in tassie, when I bought mine, at a dealers, and it had the green check seats, and greeney/grey carpet.

Nick

VIP Sponsor

[QUOTE=orestes]
    paris to dakah a 504 beat every car, except a porsche,

Tell me more, when did this happen?
    Are you sure you don't mean the East African Safari, where the 504 won outright, twice?

Graham Wallis

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information