Fast Trip
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fast Trip

Fellow Frogger!

Fast Trip

My wife and I were hitch hiking from Adelaide to Melbourne once about twenty five years ago. We got picked up at Murray Bridge by two dudes in a white 404. The drivers name was Baz, the passenger was the owner. His father owned a Pug garage in Ballarat called Hirondelle Motors. Never had such a trip in my life must have set the Adelaide Ballarat land speed record I was in the fine town of Ballarat a couple of years ago but couldn't find a business of that name Was it just a dream, or did it really happen, might have been in a space ship man,it was one spacey trip I'll tell ya. regards cane toad

Advertisement

Where's Ray when you need him?

If anyone knows, he should.
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

25 years ago?

Ray was happily driving around in his sunroof 404... but basically only around Sydney. One trip to Melbourne for a race meeting in 1980.

Graham Wallis is a more likely suspect... or one of the Citroen guys from Ballarat.

Fellow Frogger!
    I think it was a fuel injected model, it did well over 100 MPH for quite a bit of the voyage, and seemed to do it comfortabley,They filled it up with pety at Murray Bridge and didn't stop again untill they dropped us of at Ballarat traino, fairly late in the evening. One of the best efforts of sustained high speed driving I have seen

Thread Information