rust and dirt and stuff on my 205
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lion5
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: rust and dirt and stuff on my 205

Default rust and dirt and stuff on my 205

not an important thread or as techy as the other ones around here. This is a newbies my low level progress on the 205! i've finally gotten around to doing some work on it after having cleaned up my garage after having snagged some dexion tables for $50 each on gumtree (that deserves a progress thing on its own right). Planning on finally chucking the hub, new front brakes, steel braided lines and new MC on there very shortly. But I had lots to clean before I threw it all in.

rusty ass MC

Advertisement

white knight pot belly black paint on stuff about to go inside and hopefully fit well I don't care about looks. I just want something stock and something rust resistant.

Also remembered to work on the fuel line as I remember thinking it was crappy.

weird resin stuff found all in my fuel filter and fuel line... I might want to get those injectors cleaned out too possibly, this crap might be all there as well. I think it's the same material as the sealant of the filter too. But it must have been so old or so overused that the material began to degrade.

decided to open up the fuel filter as i've never seen one before

artistic concept many tens of thousands of kilometers of filtrate stretched out on the driveway. The photo turned out pretty nice, texture on the driveway and all..

Makes sense though i did notice that the 205 wasn't eager to rev past like 5-6k. I didn't bother measuring the pressure drop across the filter but seeing that resin shit all over the place sort of made sense.

shitty rusty booster. The poor brakes and rusty booster were the first things i noticed when i got this car.

couldn't be arsed (at least today) to take out the booster completely, because it looked like I needed to stuff around with the front dash too much. Will rust proof this come next week.
    bluemoon likes this.

Booster/pedal box is easy to remove. Undo the bolts around the flange on the firewall, under the dash.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

VIP Sponsor

Make sure the master cylinder seals onto the surface of the booster or you will get a vacuum leak there.

how are you meant to remove the little flange washers covering those bolts on the firewall?

Fellow Frogger!

They look like the ones that hold the wheel arch trim on. I ended up using needle nose pliers to get under the edge then force to pull them off

just googled around and managed to find a similar type of washer, they're called lock washers i think

http://stephensrivet.yolasite.com/pr...o-starlock.php

seems as if you can't remove them without destroying them how bloody stupid is that. oh well will get to that tomorrow

They're popped onto the threads; just wind them off like a nut. Else snip with sidecutters.
    BIGRR likes this.

ok well turns out i was undoing the wrong nuts anyway. Addo either i'm a big weakling or they were super stuck on. Took quite a bit of a force to get em out.

The nuts for the booster is further in! Not having the steering column there would also have helped a bit...

Thread Information