Power steering leak on 206 cc
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Power steering leak on 206 cc

last night as I pulled into my driveway I started to hear a weird grinding noise. I checked the steering duct and the fluid was empty. Topped it up and it was fine next day. Did a quick test drive came back and it's empty and dripping on driveway. Anyone know what has suddenly failed ?

Advertisement

Almost certainly the return hose. There is a slight chance one of the transfer pipes has fractured or come loose but return line is much more likely.

Tadpole

Thanks mate, gives me a good starting point.

addo knows what he's talking about but what I would do is mindlessly follow the entire circuit for anything obvious.

Tadpole

Well Addo was right it's the power steering return hose and pipe from the rack....now he can't find one in Australia...been ringing around and no luck....has anyone got any connections to help?

You can usually shonk those with either fuel line or transmission oil cooler hose. It will need to be longer than original due to lack of formed bends.

Tadpole

Just an update on the issue. My mechanic was adament he couldn't repair it so he ordered one from France ....it's been several weeks and still waiting on the part to arrive. I tried sourcing from wreckers and I luck.

i am wondering if from your experience is this going to be an issue on the future....ie are there many parts that simply aren't available in Australia. Are there certain things I should order now and keep in storage? Whilst I love my 206 cc this is going to be a real pain if it's a common occurrence ? Any advice.

What dealer did your bloke order through? Warrens are usually two weeks or less to supply ex-France.

I'd wager if you'd had it removed, hopped on the train to Pirtek Wagga Wagga, you'd be back within a day and all fixed up. Rural pressure hose people have to be able to fix stuff dependably and fast - imagine if it was exactly harvest time and this was a crucial piece of equipment.

Tadpole

I'm not to sure who he ordered through. He's been my guy for a while with other classic cars I've owned like Valiants and what not but I am thinking of going to a Peugeot guy in Mortdale next time. Local guy was insistant it couldn't be manufactured or repaired. Having a few doubts about his ability on frog cars. Do you think parts issues are common on Peugeot of this age ..2002?

Quote Originally Posted by kkman View Post
    Just an update on the issue. My mechanic was adament he couldn't repair it so he ordered one from France ....it's been several weeks and still waiting on the part to arrive. I tried sourcing from wreckers and I luck.

i am wondering if from your experience is this going to be an issue on the future....ie are there many parts that simply aren't available in Australia. Are there certain things I should order now and keep in storage? Whilst I love my 206 cc this is going to be a real pain if it's a common occurrence ? Any advice.
    You didn't ring all the wreckers did you?
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Tadpole

Problem all fixed now, thanks for your card David. Will keep this handy.

Thread Information