Oh crap...what have I done!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Oh crap...what have I done!

Hi All,

Just managed to put a crack on my windscreen from the inside. Stupidly trying to prise off an old etag holder. Made a small chip in the glass and when I put my new holder on and pressed it a 2 cm crack appeared.

I suspect I will eventually need to replace the windscreen as the crack worsens which will probably cost a bomb.

Advertisement

my car is a 308 Wagon. Does anyone know a good windscreen workshop in Melbourne? and how much would it likely cost for a genuine one.

Thanks
    Michael

PS: if you need to remove Etag holder just grip the holder with pliers and twist. The gummy stuff comes off easily rolling your thumb over it. Don't use anything to prise off against the glass.

24 Hour Windscreen Repair Geelong | B&R Windscreens
    These guys are good but in geelong.
    Just don't go through windscreens obrien. they are a joke.

A small crack can be repaired just like a chip . Best to do it straight away as it can get longer and it is best if no cleaning products have been used that can get inside the crack.

Use dental floss to remove e-tag, dash cam etc stickers. Then remove the remaining sticky stuff by rolling it.
    A crack can be fixed as long as it fits within the sucky thing they use to vacuum out the crack to inject resin.

also i personally wouldnt recommend those cheap fixie kits on ebay - they probably work for fresh cracks who knows. But when i tried doing a crack on my 205s screen (that was there for who knows how long)

Fellow Frogger!

Does you insurance have a 1 free per year option? Many do.

We use mr windscreen at work, always been very reasonable and efficient (unlike O'Briens who messed us around several times) 0394703038

I used WO for my workcar. They did the resin thing. Bloody terrible workmanship. The crack was still there but was now filled. Hardly visible?. Yeah right.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Thread Information