LEXIA 3 PP2000 Diagnostic Interface for Citroen Peugeot with DIAGBOX 7.49
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By borosa

Thread: LEXIA 3 PP2000 Diagnostic Interface for Citroen Peugeot with DIAGBOX 7.49

Default LEXIA 3 PP2000 Diagnostic Interface for Citroen Peugeot with DIAGBOX 7.49

G'day Froggers,

A few months ago I was trying to do as much research about this device and software as possible as I needed to enable the CD Changer port on the RD4 radio in my 2006 model 307. I wanted to connect a Denison unit to it for BT streaming and didn't want to pay a dealer a premium for a once off service!

Anyways, after much information and misinformation, I found the following seller on eBay that sells what is in my opinion, the BEST interface and software package combination + support anywhere on the Internet!

Lexia 3 PP2000 Diagnostic Interface FOR Citroen Peugeot With Diagbox 7 49 | eBay

So I bought one.

Advertisement

The hardware is a genuine Actia PSA XS Evolution box (French made, not a Chinese clone) and comes with connections for practically every Peugeot/Citroen model ever made! The software install was the most cumbersome experience, but the supporting documentation was superb. (Expected I guess with a piece of software that we're technically not supposed to have...with various patches and cracks to enable it to function) So, after an hour of installing updates one by one, I had a PC with the most up-to-date version of Diagbox and PP2000 installed and ready to go!

I connected her to the Pug, entered the VIN and away we went. It took me a few minutes to learn how to use Diagbox, and after 10 mins, I had enabled the CD changer port and Aux 1 input, and was playing music through it from my mobile!

The next 45 minutes were spent looking at all other config items available to me (like a kid in a candy shop!). I enabled daytime running headlights (which work in combination with the auto lights), disabled all seatbelt warnings, disabled the annoying auto wiper function (still have auto wipers, but they're only activated when I want, not everytime I wipe the windscreen once) and checked through all the different diagnostics to confirm that no faults are present and all is apparently working well.
    Had a bit of a heart stopping moment when looking through the Bosch ABS computer diags as all the warning lights came on and the info display in the car kept telling me that the braking system was faulty, but all came good after the car was "rebooted"...

So in a nutshell, if you spare $250 burning a hole in your pocket and want the ultimate diagnostic tool for your Frog, this is the one to get. If however you're located within range of Penrith NSW, I'd be more than happy to assist fellow froggers with their diagnostic/vehicle personalisation needs.

Have a great weekend all!

Anthony.
    TrinityJayOne likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by borosa View Post
    The hardware is a genuine Actia PSA XS Evolution box (French made, not a Chinese clone)
    For that price, it will be a Chinese clone for sure.

All of the chinese clones that I have seen also say 'Made in France' on them.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

I guess I can't argue with that as i've never seen a genuine one. As an electronics technician however, i've seen LOTS of Chinese clones of everything from TV remotes to iPhones (despite them already being made there), and i'd have to say, if this is indeed a clone, it's a pretty bloody good one!
    Last edited by borosa; 15th September 2014 at 10:03 PM.

Tadpole

G'day I am in Granville and very interested in operation of the scanner - how can I get in touch with you to see how the unit operates.

...and so it begins...

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Everything is made in China ..... check these out, I have a slightly weepy one and rather than pay Peugeot Oz $420,00 each found these. Click on the second picture and hover the mouse over the green bit ..... Genuwhine Chinese French parts.....

Aliexpress.com : Buy oil control valve oleodynamic control valve Cam Timing Oil Control Valve Assy for Citroen C5 Peugeot 508 407 3.0L V6 9648620580 from Reliable valve api suppliers on OK AUTO ELECTRONICS

I'm currently checking out this one on eBay - it says it supports the C5 and 307 which cheaper ones seem not to, and the seller has perfect feedback (admittedly only 24 counts, and none for a Lexia).

Any thoughts? The one Borosa mentions would be nearly $270 all-up, nearly twice the price of this one.

Best Full Chip REV C Diagbox V7 57 Citroen Peugeot Lexia 3 Diagnostic Scanner | eBay
    Ben.
    _ _________________ _
    A very fun 1997 manual 406 ST
    A lovely 2006 407 HDi Executive

Fellow Frogger!

I just recently bought one from the seller in the original post.

Bit of a hassle getting it installed, as I don't have a CD drive on my laptop. Once I sorted that, it all works very nicely with my 206. I previously purchased a cheaper one, which does not work on my car.

Tadpole

hi all, just want to say thank you for these threads as i have used them to save some money on a couple of fixes already for my Citroen c5 (the fan wouldn't work...and a $5 new part got it working and literally saved 100's at a mechanic).
    But have now come to a problem i cant seem to get around. Acouple of weeks ago one morning the car wouldn't start and the error came up as a security problem with the key.
    So having already got new keys and fob, thought that a lexia tool would get me around this problem by programming in new keys. The problem is i cannot get the diagbox to talk to the car. The Install finally worked, and am running diagbox 7.57 with lexia v3.45
    the vm install of xp sp3 recognizes the hardware but the light on the hardware box comes on for about 3 sec and then turns off. and diagbox says to connect vci..
    can anyone help please

Tadpole

Hey Anthony,

Do you still have your lexia tool?

I've bought a replacement remote for my 2010 Citroen C4 along with the code, but need help getting it linked to the car.

Apparently, I need a lexia/diagbox for it and paying $175-200 seems a lot of money for what would be just a few minutes work with the lexia. It also makes it pretty damned close to paying the dealer price for the replacement remote once you add up all the costs.

If you are still pushing a frenchie, can you please help a fellow frog out?

Deen

P.S. I've been taking good care of the tadpoles in my pond during the rains, so please keep the karma flowing!!!

Thread Information