• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By addo
  • 1 Post By Stuey

Thread: 308 2.0 HDi 2009 Brake caliper support bolts

Tadpole

Default 308 2.0 HDi 2009 Brake caliper support bolts

Planing to replace front/rear rotors and pads and called Allpac Peugeot in Osborne Park to bay new Brake caliper support bolts. They quoted me for new bolts AND yokes as they do not sell bolts only. Take a guess :-). Over $250 for EACH wheel in the front and more then $320 for EACH in the back .Do you people use old bolts or is there any other place in Perth to get bolts only.
    Cheers.
    Dan

Advertisement
    308 XSE 2.0 HID 2009

The bolts are sold separately. They're about 2,5 Euro each in France. You can also buy caliper slides and their buffer ends as service parts.
    MrNo likes this.

Tadpole

Thank you Addo,
    so do I google "peugeot parts france" :-) or there is link to trusted online shop somewhere on forum
    cheers
    308 XSE 2.0 HID 2009

I recommend first you sign up for Service Box, which is free. This will give you a wealth of parts information about your very own car.

1000+ Posts

I don't know this specific car, but why do you need new bolts? Can't you just use thread locker?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Tadpole

Thanks people
    This bolts are High tensile bolts and they do " stretch " when torqued to specification. It is recommended to use new ones.( as for engine head).
    308 XSE 2.0 HID 2009

1000+ Posts

I suspected that must be the reason. Rather annoying; I can't think why they would do that. Some people have mentioned PSA reaping money for parts through this sort of disposable design and I am reluctantly beginning to believe them, as silly as it sounds.

I can't imagine any advantage in using these bolts over other forms of fastener locking - commonly locking compound on caliper bolts.
    Wildebeest likes this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    I suspected that must be the reason. Rather annoying; I can't think why they would do that. Some people have mentioned PSA reaping money for parts through this sort of disposable design and I am reluctantly beginning to believe them, as silly as it sounds.

I can't imagine any advantage in using these bolts over other forms of fastener locking - commonly locking compound on caliper bolts.
    From my view point it is a poor design choice. If the bolts are re-used they can fail in service or snap whilst being tightened; the first is dangerous and the second is expensive as the remains have to be removed.
    I wish all car companies would realise that there product is going to,hopefully, out last the warranty period and has every chance of being serviced by a non-dealer/DIY owner and making a safety item fastener single use is risking court action.
    "My Lord I can prove before you that for over a hundred years brake parts safely operated when the bolts, screws and assorted fasteners were reused. It was called 'workmanship' and resided with tradesmen/women, not what is being foisted upon us in a thinly veiled technical smokescreen for price gouging!"
    Just wait until a dealership breaks one of these bolts and then charges the customer for the repair due to a ham-fisted employee being a rattle gun slinger. I've had this tried on me a few times by dealer service personal with both company and private vehicles and it is 100% the dealer that ends in tears.....Usually the important words are; incompetent, naive, gullible, reckless and experience. My fellow Aussie Froggers you are more than capable of constructing the effective sentences using these key words.
    Brendan.

I don't think they are stretch bolts. I think it's a "once only" deforming thread profile that assists mechanical locking of the fastener and substrate. Plus, they come with a dob of that dry locking paste that activates once it's smushed into the threads.

Anyway - Monsieur Non - comment sont les boulons?

Thread Information