205/Mi16 wiring help
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205/Mi16 wiring help

Froggers I need your help.

I did my mi16 conversion I while back but was unimpressed with the lack of performance, fuel economy and over sluggishness. I put a narrow band AFR guage on to see if it was leaning or over fueling. According to the gauge it's constantly running in the rich region, even at idle. It jumps a few notches on the gauge when given throttle.

Advertisement

The car idles and drives great. Just really down on power. And you can smell how rich it is from behind the car. I've found some time go back over things.

My question is that in my ECU harness at pin 30 I have a knock sensor wire and another wire. Currently the 2nd wire leaves the harness then goes to nowhere. It's an open ended wire under the dash. According to a wiring diagram I got off Peter T, the wire goes to MC1. But I don't have the description of it.
    M132 is the knock sensor which is the other wire that enters pin30. I don't think it's the diagnostic plug as once though.

Can anyone verify what MC1 is?

Cheers
    Julian

Or can anyone suggest what my over fuelling issue might be if my lambda sensor and say injector thermistor working ok? Haynes manual suggests this:

22 The fuel injection system coolanttemperature sensor is screwed into thethermostat housing, which is bolted onto theleft-hand end of the cylinder head.
    23 The sensor is a thermistor (see paragraph12). The fuel injection/engine managementelectronic control unit (ECU) supplies thesensor with a set voltage and then, bymeasuring the current flowing in the sensorcircuit, it determines the engine’stemperature. This information is then used, inconjunction with other inputs, to control theinjector opening time (pulse width). On somemodels, the idle speed and/or ignition timingsettings are also temperature-dependent.
    24 If the sensor circuit should fail to provideadequate information, the ECU’s back-upfacility will override the sensor signal. In thisevent, the ECU assumes a predeterminedsetting which will allow the fuel

injection/engine management system to run,albeit at reduced efficiency. When this occurs,the warning light on the instrument panel willcome on, and the advice of a Peugeot dealershould be sought. The sensor itself can onlybe tested using special Peugeot diagnosticequipment. Do not attempt to test the circuitusing any other equipment, as there is a highrisk of damaging the ECU.
    Last edited by pug-life; 7th September 2014 at 12:36 PM.

Thread Information