Heater/fan control panel
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGRR

Thread: Heater/fan control panel

Default Heater/fan control panel

Hello all.

With Spring tapping on the tailgate of my 205s I thought it would be best to start getting the white ready for summer so I can zoom around and get parts to finally sort the Silver one out. I'm having problems with the heater fan not working. I've had a go at replacing the control panel but it seems like it wants the whole dashboard to come out which isn't going to happen, simple as that. I've checked fuses and they are all fine.

The problem I'm running into it disconnecting the cable from the control panel. Does anyone know of guide or thread that'll give me a hand with this? Or even some tips. Yes I've searched and I've also lost my Haynes manual (not that it would have made any sense anyway)........

Cheers Froggers.

Advertisement

Chris

205GTI - 8 valve, single cam coolness.

Have you tried checking the electrical blower controller "thingo" under the glove box fitted into the blower fan case, right up against the firewall? My blower worked intermittently for the last 6 months then stopped. I spent hours tracing and checking wiring etc. I pulled this "thingo" out (two screws, then just pull it down) removed all the dirt and leaves and sticks and general crap. I then found this " fuse-bi-metal contact thing" on the outside of the "thingo" that has a small metal disc held under it it was corroded. I wiggled it around and around and cleaned all the corrosion off (I did not try to remove the disc or put any load on the arm) and the blower now works better than any time in the past 10 years.
    10 minute job. See pic.

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heater/fan control panel-dsc00398.jpg  
    DjB8V likes this.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new