306 window motor
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 window motor

My sister has an N5 306 cabriolet and it has a few minor niggles....
    Drivers side window motor has burned out and a replacement regulator setup for a cabriolet is hard to find while a new one is $800...

Can a motor from a hatch be swapped onto the regulator from the cabriolet?
    Has anyone got one lying around?

They also said it needs new control arms.....can the bushes be replaced, or does the whole lot need doing?

Advertisement
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Are you certain it's the window and not the connector to the door? They have a habit of fatiguing the wires every time you open/close the door. Otherwise, there's few different versions of the motor. You'd need to compare side by side.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

yep I'd second the wiring suggestion. The plugs also get corroded. I fixed mine with some contact cleaner spray!

On the wishbone bushes, yes they can be replaced (but peugeot won't do it). Just be aware that the usual after market bushes that are available cheaply here are no where near as hard as the original ones, and they won't last nearly as long as originals.

I went with powerflex bushes which I bought from the UK. Powerflex P bushes They now have the front ones available in the black series (which is a lot harder) but it is the P-Bushes that are the ones that take the most battering.

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

I'd be surprised if the motor has actually burned out, would expect a fuse to pop even if the window was frosted shut. Motors just screw on, providing it's an identical looking motor you should be fine.

As Tony says, the wishbones are totally rebuildable, but if the balljoints are gone as well it might be cheaper to buy complete newies - otherwise hit Fleabay or the usual offenders. I've got the purple Powerflex P-bushes too - cost me something like $116 posted. They're not really "needed" but like most self-indulgence - you do it because it feels good. The front eye bushes are same as ZX, Xsara, Berlingo/Partner of the era. Much stuff in "Motaquip" boxes is genuine OEM, repackaged. Be aware there are "early" and "late" variants of the ball joints - know which you need.

p.s. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281343767396 Buy it and change the balljoint, half the job done.

Mechanic took the regulator out and jammed the window up with a piece of wood, gave it back to her and said the motor was burned out.
    I haven't gone around to check it personally yet....I'm quite busy working six days a week at the moment and I just haven't had time...
    They wanted to replace the regulator for $800 plus labour.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Thread Information