• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acf321

Thread: GTI-6 C Pillar Emblem

Default GTI-6 C Pillar Emblem

Hi Folks,

Advertisement

Ok, I've not even picked up my new GTI6 yet, but I was wondering if anybody has made a 205 GTI scripted badge for the C pillar black plaque on a GTI6 that says 'GTI-6'? using the same red 205 GTI font?

I remember years ago Steward McPhee was making one or two up to give the GTI6 a the same 205 GTI looking C Pillar badge (on the plaque that is jus plain black), but am unaware these days if anybody has them, or has done them?

Any leads, or thoughts here. The one thing that has always struck me about the GTI6 is the conservatism used by the factory in terms of badging, particularly on the phase 3 cars, as mine is.

Regards

Adam
    michael_ozzie likes this.

I just made up a silver badge to match the front silver one many years ago. Looking back, I prob would have tried to replicate the font of the standard badges, but you get the idea:

Cheers
    Ben
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Fellow Frogger!

The badging on these is weird is all I have to add! My 2000 only has the '306' on the back, and a silver 'GTI' on the front doors. My mechanic's one is a '97 I think and has a yellow 'GTi' and a red '6' at the back. I've heard that the badging was an option just like the sunroof so it varies, and of course the majority of these are over in Pommyland so they might've had different options again.
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Yes my thoughts too. Mine has teeny weeny gti badges on the doors and 306 on the right rear that is set inwards to the left, implying a space for more. I know the phase 2 cars has the yellow and red GTI 6 badge on the rear, but phase 3 was even more non-descript.

Fellow Frogger!

No space to speak of mine, observe-

2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

ok ... here's the one I just bought (and am yet to collect). Note how the badge is more to the left than yours. Loving those black wheels too Josie!GTI-6 C Pillar Emblem-image-5.jpg

Fellow Frogger!

Yes very different, actually looks out of place without the 'GTi6' there if you ask me. Easy to pick the badges up off ebay if you're so inclined though I've thought about it, but don't really want to risk stuffing the paint up trying to move the '306' over.

The rims are just plastidipped btw, piss easy to do if you're keen! They reckon one can per wheel but I only used about two & a half total. Plenty of other colours to choose from.
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Thread Information