RCZ Turbo lag
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: RCZ Turbo lag

Tadpole

Default RCZ Turbo lag

Hi Guys,Just wondering if theres any way to reduce Turbo lag on my RCZ auto.Its quite noticeable
    and im going get vehicle remapped.Would this help?

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Petrol or diesel? 6 speed auto?

Tadpole

Sorry Mate,Petrol and 6 Speed Auto

In my experience, "turbo lag" is not really a feature of these THP engines, seeing as they develop max torque at 1,400rpm on the THP150, for example. I certainly never experience it with my DS3 or the 207 GTi.

It could be down to any number of things, but spark plugs (see here), boost control or even gummed up intake valves are probably the main culprits.

The auto may also have "learned" to be sluggish too.

For info, I replaced the plugs in my DS3 just the other day, after discovering they had never been changed before and the car was on 46,000km. I'm not sure why the mob that services the car (and doesn't provide me with any paperwork till months afterwards) didn't change them, but it seems a strange oversight.

They looked just like the ones in the link above - badly eroded but even across all cylinders. The car feels a lot more torquey up steep hills now.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Yeah I just finished using a new RCZ 156 6 speed manual through Europe and there is no turbo lag at all. This symptom may well be down to the automatic transmission as SLC206 says.

It's a delightful car and I wish I could have one in Canada.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Fellow Frogger!

My Cit C5 has a THP bolted to an auto. It does exhibit some lag if you flatten the throttle quickly. Much more responsive if you gradually feed the throttle. It does have torque on board from about 1500rpm, but needs around 2000 rpm before it really starts pulling.

My other car is a 207 GTi. That obviously is a manual, much lighter and therefore little or no lag.

Simon, was it hard to do plugs on the DS3? Where did you buy the plugs from?

QUOTE=Mike Tippett;1278799]Yeah I just finished using a new RCZ 156 6 speed manual through Europe and there is no turbo lag at all. This symptom may well be down to the automatic transmission as SLC206 says.

It's a delightful car and I wish I could have one in Canada.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaza1
    Simon, was it hard to do plugs on the DS3? Where did you buy the plugs from?
    It was a doodle, actually. The only thing is you need a thin-walled 12 point 14mm deep socket specifically for the plugs. It's not a "normal" spark plug socket.

I bought this one some years ago, but I've never used it until last week. It has a little spring finger arrangement to keep the plug in the socket as you are placing them down the hole (it's a long way down).

I bought the plugs from my local dealer (also quite some time ago). They were $24.75 plus GST (each) at the time. Platinum plugs aren't cheap.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information