additive bladder for peugeot 308 HDI SW
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon9 additive bladder for peugeot 308 HDI SW

I'm new to this forum, I just bought a new-to-me 2009 Pug 308 HDI SW with 120,000km on the clock, now I have a warning saying PDF Filter Add, and our local Pug/Land Rover/Volvo etc etc in Gordon Avenue tell me my Pug needs a new additive bladder. Apparently the additive can not be topped-up, the tank needs to be removed and replace the old bladder with the new one, then the computer needs to be reset. Cost ? 964 smackers I contacted some of the recommended on this forum people, but the bloke, Steve, at Malibu Motors said he could not do the job and I should take the Pug to Rex Gorell. Surely this is a job a mechanical minded person could do at home, with the right tools but...Where would we buy the additive bladder from?
    I believe I could reset the computer with my DPF Doctor Diagnostic Tool For Diesel Cars, it does Pugs as well as quite a few other cars.
    Any advice on where I could buy the additive bladder, at a reasonable price, would be most welcome.

Advertisement

Thanking you in advance for any advice.

Bill

1000+ Posts

Welcome to Aussiefrogs. The stuff you need is called Eolys, and if you look up that term for this website you'll see quite a lot of discussion. It contains a cerium compound - see Cerium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - and is very nasty to handle. Even so, Youtube can show you people replacing it.

Distributors and their dealers here charge like wounded bulls. Overseas dealers are cheaper, and Ebay sellers in the UK and France are cheaper still, though it is never actually "cheap". So what's the trap? Injection of this into the fuel tank is computer controlled, and at refill the computer must be reset. You might have a time finding a dealer to do that after a DIY job.

I understand it's not supposed to be posted. It's also used by Ford who share engines with PSA.

As it turns out the software is widely distributed (Lexia and Diagbox) through unofficial channels, and you might find a mechanic or other owner able to help you out. Otherwise you'll have to be stung.

PS like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40
    Last edited by seasink; 6th August 2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: ps

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

You "can" use the Peugeot 3L refill kit to refill the bladder but need to make sure you refill it to the correct capacity. Once that is done it will need to be reset with a PP2000.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Hi, where in Victoria are you? Might have some options.

1000+ Posts

On the subject of Eolys, does anyone know anything about this place/product in Melbourne: Buy*JLM**PAT FLUID (REFILL KIT)*Online Melbourne Australia ?

They are based in Dandenong so if anyone is interested I could pop in and have a look.
    Brendan.

Tadpole

Icon1 Thanks All

Thanks for trying to help. I ended-up taking the Pug to Europeanaffair in Autumn St, Geelong, ph # 03 5224 1225, where Paul was more than helpful. After getting the Pug up on a hoist, he discovered that the stupid "plastic" tank that holds the fluid bladder had been shattered on the nearside wheel side. The pump and sensor in the additive tank had also been damaged, so even though the bladder itself was undamaged and around two thirds full, the additive was doing no-good. Paul showed me the damaged gear, on and off the car, before he carried-out any repairs. I had the damaged tank, pump and sensor replaced and the additive topped-up, the ecu reset and a regeneration program run. Total cost...$950.00.
    Whoever was responsible for placing that "plastic" additive tank in that location, without a steel or alloy protective shield covering it, knew nothing about driving conditions in Australia. Whatever...I now must decide if I should keep the Pug or sell it. (I still have my trusty 1996 Disco TDi that was designed and built for Aussie conditions, in all the years I've owned it, it has never let me down) If I decide on keeping the Pug, I most defiantly will be creating a heavy duty alloy shield to cover that stupid plastic additive tank.

Bill

1000+ Posts

Ouch!! So your expensive FAP was not being cleaned either.

Your Landrover Disco though has off-road pretensions. Unfortunately sedan cars these days, and Peugeots and Citroens in particular (since this is Aussiefrogs), are fitted with nasty plastic undertrays and shields, essentially to smooth airflow and reduce noise for negligible weight. The makers think we always drive on motorways or the like and don't need protection for fittings down there.

My gripe is with the plastic engine trays spec'd for Australia, even in cars with alloy sumps. in Russia and some nearby countries C5s come with steel trays. Sime Darby please note.

There are so many new undertrays advertised on western European parts sites I suspect they are a *$# silly idea there too.

I thought plastic undertrays are only fitted to Peugeot's diesels and it's for noise suppression.

The Moss Vale dealer always seems to have a few metal trays on display in their parts division whenever I go there.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

I mentioned noise. The @#$%^ flimsy things are on petrol cars also - I know of a petrol P307 and a C4 with them. C5s have them all the way down.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Unfortunately sedan cars these days, and Peugeots and Citroens in particular (since this is Aussiefrogs), are fitted with nasty plastic undertrays and shields, essentially to smooth airflow and reduce noise for negligible weight. The makers think we always drive on motorways or the like and don't need protection for fittings down there.

My gripe is with the plastic engine trays spec'd for Australia, even in cars with alloy sumps. in Russia and some nearby countries C5s come with steel trays. Sime Darby please note.
    You don't need steel for the under tray, well attached aluminium alloy works to keep the rocks off too. I know of at least 2 406 HDi's with bash plates fitted A good metal fabricator is able to knock one out as an afternoon job.

They're for more than just noise, removing the aerodynamic advantage of the fitted tray and running without anything in place fuel economy jumped up from mid 4's to low 5's, along with the noise and some instability of the nose at highway speeds. Just a shame the plastic rips off in normal use and is stupidly expensive to replace, a larger and more reliable custom made set of marine aluminium plates was cheaper than the dealers price for the original part.
    406 HDi

$230 for the original plastic tray for a 207 HDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill AU View Post
    Whoever was responsible for placing that "plastic" additive tank in that location, without a steel or alloy protective shield covering it, knew nothing about driving conditions in Australia. .

Bill
    I had the same problem with my 4007 -- I understand that there is an optional metal protective cover available for this for all cars with tanks in that area
    cheers
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Fellow Frogger!

Rex Gorells made up a steel protector plate for my additive tank. Cost was very reasonable - $150 springs to mind?

Thread Information