After market 306 performance parts
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default After market 306 performance parts

Hi guys just wondering where is the best place to look for afte rmarket parts for peugeot 306 and any ideas on what can be done to give it more power thanks

Advertisement

You have to cherrypick, assuming you don't want "look at my car" type alterations that are mainly visual. A cam might come from Peter T, a diff from Quaife, you might buy a stainless cat-back exhaust from someone else again.

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

My work did some modifications to a twin cam 1.8 306 - GTi 6 inlet and exhaust manifolds as well as gti6 cams plus devil exhaust all run on an aftermarket ECU. It is a cracker of a car - so much torque where you need it. We have also done a jenvey throttle body conversion to a gti6 too. It all comes down to how much you want to spend. Most big $$ builds we do (5k to 10k) are on more modern cars - mostly RS clios and meganes and not so much more on the older cars (unless it's a 205 GTi).

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Fellow Frogger!

What spec 306 is it? I can tell you that because of the Helmholtz resonator a CAI often does nothing or less than nothing as it just stuffs up the carefully engineered intake geometry. That said, this may not apply to the 8v engines as I only have familiarity with the GTi6 donk.

When my catalytic converter decided to shite itself I had a metallic hi-flow one put in. I think any power increase would be modest at best, but it definitely sounds a bit rortier!
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Won't give you more power but will tighten up the front end... Even the youngest 306's out there would almost certainly have flogged out wishbone bushes by now if they have not been replaced.

Powerflex - Performance Polyurethane Bushes
    Powerflex - Performance Polyurethane Bushes

yes they are different links

I've actually got the softer purple ones for the front bushes, the black weren't available when I got them.

Which car do you have? Above I believe are the same on all 306's but you will get better advice on other potential mods if we know what sort of car you have

If you have an S16 or GTi6 and are thinking of doing the exhaust, seriously consider keeping the original muffler! Someone did some dyno tests a few years back and the stock muffler came out on top.

bakerbm is another source for a limited range of 306 alternate parts. http://www.bakerbm.com/306.php I have the gear linkage kit from them.

Addition of a pod filter (I have one which I got when my airbox had a disagreement with a large kerb) sounds great but I do feel they are only of potential benefit power wise in cold weather, unless you can get a cold air ducting setup working with it.

I've also got a quaif LSD. I got mine from palmside in NZ. http://www.palmside.co.nz/product_cid_10839.html who are the official distributor for NZ and AUS.

Tony.
    Last edited by Wintermute; 8th August 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add comment about links, and about bakerbm, and quaif.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Tadpole

Hey guys sorry for not replying earlier and letting you know what type of car i have, but yeah here is what i drive.
    i have a 2000 peugept 306 n5 xt 2.0l 4sp auto with the XU10J4R.

so yea just want to get more kick of it thanx guys.

Fellow Frogger!

One of the guys I've talked to on here has advanced the timing on his cams a bit. We both have the auto N5 XSi's with the XU10J4R and we are going to drive them back-to-back when we get time. A manual box would be a fair bit nippier than the auto 4HP14 ZF box too I reckon. As mentioned you could install GTi6 intake/exhaust manifolds etc but it depends on how much you want to spend! I had the same ideas for my XSi but decided I might as well save my money and upgrade to a GTi6/RS Megane later.
    1998 N5 306 XSi

Tadpole

Thnx Bernie.

I wanna have this car as project car so will be spending money down the track hahaha wanna do a engine swap later. but just for now i wanna get a bit of power out of it make it more fun.

Thread Information