307 Fuel Injectors
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 Fuel Injectors

Moral of story:- Before you fork out $1,100.00 to 1,200.00 having an injector replaced have your electrical connections checked by somebody who knows what they are doing.
    Twice within two weeks and two thousand km our 307 engine warning light came on and the 2,0l diesel started running on three cylinders. Both times a faulty injector was diagnosed and replaced. Less than a thousand km later and we were again running on three cylinders but this time we had been invited to stay at the home of a friend who was a retired Telstra technician living at Oakbank in the Adelaide Hills.
    First he tapped the electrical connections serving the fuel system with the handle of a screwdriver while the engine was running. Then he removed and cleaned the relevant fuses. Finally he cleaned and checked the electrical connections to the injectors and adjusted the gap on the female part of the connectors to ensure good contact. We then drove back to Brisbane without missing a beat.
    Another friend, this time a diesel mechanic advises to always check the earth as a faulty connection at that point can give all kinds of weird error messages and faults.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Secondly - Thanks for your post, I will keep it in mind for when my 307 has injection problems.

I usually hop around on one leg when I realize I have spend hard earned dollars on wasted often impulsive or under duress purchases!!

Thread Information