403 parts
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 403 parts

  1. #1
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default 403 parts

    Where in the world is the best place to go to for new 403 parts. So far on the list is clutch, door rubbers, fuel tank sender unit but the list is growing.

    Advertisement
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  2. #2
    Veni Vidi Posti 68 404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    I'd try French Connection in Melbourne!

    Oh, I see your problem...

    Dave
    David Cavanagh likes this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

    IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."


  3. #3
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    I'd try French Connection in Melbourne!

    Oh, I see your problem...

    Dave

    Ha Ha very funny
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  4. #4
    Veni Vidi Posti 68 404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Can't believe I found this in Victoria?

    May be the solution for your door rubbers:

    Peugeot 403

    Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

    IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."


  5. #5
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    BGT in Dandenong can reco clutches.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Where in the world is the best place to go to for new 403 parts. So far on the list is clutch, door rubbers, fuel tank sender unit but the list is growing.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts bluey504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Vic
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    The tank sender can be re-wound if the original specs are at hand. Maybe a job for Luthier, as it's the same as winding a guitar pick-up with 'breached' insulation/ tapped windings?
    Brendan.

  7. #7
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    The tank sender can be re-wound if the original specs are at hand. Maybe a job for Luthier, as it's the same as winding a guitar pick-up with 'breached' insulation/ tapped windings?
    Brendan.
    Yes tried that. We've got 2 of them so we pulled both apart to make 1 and now we've got 2 that are stuffed. I think we might need to consult someone of higher intelligence.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts bluey504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Vic
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    David just had a look through the Yellow Pages, yes it's still printed! Found Howards Instruments in Heidelberg, they reckon via their web site (www.howardinstruments.com.au) they can repair/replace or modify something to suit.
    Had a friend who had a calibrated stick for his A9X T'rana race car, but I digress.
    Brendan.

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,493

  10. #10
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Clutch plate has been rebuilt.
    Fuel sender is from a scooter.
    Sorry to be a wet blanket.
    Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post

  11. #11
    Veni Vidi Posti 68 404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Yes, but what a scooter!

    Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

    IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."


  12. #12
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    I need a clutch kit not just a plate. (yeah saw that one on ebay) Graham says I'd be better off with a 404 clutch so I'll probably go that way. Graham I'll need you to explain what you mean about the thrust bearing. I need a 404 flywheel too don't I?

    Didn't see the fuel sender, dont care if its from a scooter as long as it fits and works. It could be from the moon buggy for all I care. I just want an acurate fuel gauge.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  13. #13
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    I need a clutch kit not just a plate. (yeah saw that one on ebay) Graham says I'd be better off with a 404 clutch so I'll probably go that way. Graham I'll need you to explain what you mean about the thrust bearing. I need a 404 flywheel too don't I?

    Didn't see the fuel sender, dont care if its from a scooter as long as it fits and works. It could be from the moon buggy for all I care. I just want an acurate fuel gauge.
    PFFFfftt... it's way more fun to have a fuel gauge that's intermittent .... YOu get to either fill the car up everytime you drive it and find you can only get $8.37 of fuel into the tank ............................ Or run out of fuel with despairing regularity. On the plus side with these old cars you can easily re-prime the pump on the side of the road by agitating the lever on the fuel pump (not that I'd know that ). Apparently the electric fuel pump on old carby pommy cars works really well at repriming the carbs for you too .... after pouring fuel into the tank on the side of the road .... or so I've heard

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  14. #14
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    PFFFfftt... it's way more fun to have a fuel gauge that's intermittent .... YOu get to either fill the car up everytime you drive it and find you can only get $8.37 of fuel into the tank ............................ Or run out of fuel with despairing regularity. On the plus side with these old cars you can easily re-prime the pump on the side of the road by agitating the lever on the fuel pump (not that I'd know that ). Apparently the electric fuel pump on old carby pommy cars works really well at repriming the carbs for you too .... after pouring fuel into the tank on the side of the road .... or so I've heard

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    Oh I agree that's all part of the fun of old cars so just carry some fuel with you. However I plan to take it on one of PCCV's outback adventures and fuel supplies could be an issure.

    That's why we are talking about a stronger clutch, apparently it's a good idea for the conditions we will be in. Crank up the ID Shane and come with us.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  15. #15
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,539

    Default

    Where are you guys going ..... Is it "wife friendly" .....
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  16. #16
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Where are you guys going ..... Is it "wife friendly" .....
    No idea where we go. I don't think its even been planned yet I just decided we'd better get the car done so we are ready when it happens. Best ask Graham he knows more about them than me. Quite a few "wives" seem to go and survive so anything is possible.

    Rob Becourt took his D special (without wife) on one many years ago they are Citroen friendly.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  17. #17
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    You need a thrust with removable carbon, take out the carbon and fit a couple of mms worth of washers (such as exhaust downpipe) then refit.
    A better way is to aluminium weld the thrust fork then get Colin to remachine it to sit the thrust further forward.
    Yes, early 404 flywheel needed I may have one of these.
    Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    I need a clutch kit not just a plate. (yeah saw that one on ebay) Graham says I'd be better off with a 404 clutch so I'll probably go that way. Graham I'll need you to explain what you mean about the thrust bearing. I need a 404 flywheel too don't I?

    Didn't see the fuel sender, dont care if its from a scooter as long as it fits and works. It could be from the moon buggy for all I care. I just want an acurate fuel gauge.

  18. #18
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    You need a thrust with removable carbon, take out the carbon and fit a couple of mms worth of washers (such as exhaust downpipe) then refit.
    A better way is to aluminium weld the thrust fork then get Colin to remachine it to sit the thrust further forward.
    Yes, early 404 flywheel needed I may have one of these.
    Graham
    I picked the perfect time to do this didn't I with Colin OS for 6 weeks.
    I think my thrust did have a removable carbon I'll have a closer look. I'm thinking to grab a flywheel and sh kit off you and send the clutch and pressure plate out for reco. I saw new carbon on ebay.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Gundaroo
    Posts
    124

    Default

    David,

    I purchased a Pug 403 clutch kit from this company in the US a couple of years back. See here.

    Peugeot 403 - Clutch Set

    Currently they are quoting US $109 for the kit (but not including a carbon thrust) and I paid about US$80 in freight from memory. It arrived safely and as described. This info may be useful in comparison to have a recon clutch kit done locally.

    John T

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    I picked the perfect time to do this didn't I with Colin OS for 6 weeks.
    I think my thrust did have a removable carbon I'll have a closer look. I'm thinking to grab a flywheel and sh kit off you and send the clutch and pressure plate out for reco. I saw new carbon on ebay.

  20. #20
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Looks good, no need to get a flywheel or modify the thrust then.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    David,

    I purchased a Pug 403 clutch kit from this company in the US a couple of years back. See here.

    Peugeot 403 - Clutch Set

    Currently they are quoting US $109 for the kit (but not including a carbon thrust) and I paid about US$80 in freight from memory. It arrived safely and as described. This info may be useful in comparison to have a recon clutch kit done locally.

    John T

  21. #21
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Looks good, no need to get a flywheel or modify the thrust then.
    So you think this is the go Graham? Instead of 404
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  22. #22
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Yes, standard clutches are fine when in good condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    So you think this is the go Graham? Instead of 404

  23. #23
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    David,

    I purchased a Pug 403 clutch kit from this company in the US a couple of years back. See here.

    Peugeot 403 - Clutch Set

    Currently they are quoting US $109 for the kit (but not including a carbon thrust) and I paid about US$80 in freight from memory. It arrived safely and as described. This info may be useful in comparison to have a recon clutch kit done locally.

    John T
    Just ordered my new clutch, we'll see what it's like when it arrives.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  24. #24
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Graham I need your help again.
    I'm tryingto buy some new tie rods and not sure if these are correct. Price seemed a bit high to me plus about the same for frieght but if that's it then that's it.

    P 203/403, tie rod end completely, for Peugeot 203 + 403. 28,5mm mounting. Or.Nr.389906
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  25. #25
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    No idea what the photo is of, unless it is an end view of a tie rod.
    You can use a kit 404/504 kits should do the job.
    Otherwise a compete tie rod, there is no actual tie rod end.
    There were some Quinton Hazell complete rods on Ebay recently in the US, just did a quick search and couldn't find them.
    Best thing to do is to use Camry tie rods, they screw straight into the 403 rack.
    I was told MR2 tie rod ends but Colin worked it all out.
    Much better steering and self centreing as there is ball joints not those bushes with huge amounts of distortion.
    Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Graham I need your help again.
    I'm tryingto buy some new tie rods and not sure if these are correct. Price seemed a bit high to me plus about the same for frieght but if that's it then that's it.

    P 203/403, tie rod end completely, for Peugeot 203 + 403. 28,5mm mounting. Or.Nr.389906
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 7th August 2014 at 04:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •